2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Can anyone tell me what it could be?Definitely something wrong.
up to 1:12 there is a strange noise and then back to normal.

·
i-Vtec
3,071 Posts
Welcome to civinfo.

Does it do it all the time, at start up or randomly? Have you tried spraying wd40 at the idler pulley?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to civinfo.

Does it do it all the time, at start up or randomly? Have you tried spraying wd40 at the idler pulley?
I noticed 3 days ago and it does that when i press acceleration pedal and then its stays for 20 sec and back to normal like on video

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
With the engine running, get a long screwdriver or rod of some sort & VERY CAREFULLY place the tip on the alternator casing, idler and other items driven by the belt - put the other end to your ear - you will hear a much better indication of what is causing the noise. Better still get a mechanics stethoscope but a long screwdriver works fine & is what I use.

I stress - do this VERY CAREFULLY - do not let whatever you are using slip onto the belt or get entangled for obvious reasons - you will get a good read on the noise from touching and listening - you do NOT need to place the end right near the belt - simply on the suspect component will work just fine.

This is a time tested & accurate way to identify the source of noises in a belt train like this appears to be.

PS - I accept no liability for anyone who does not take sufficient care carrying out this procedure & if you are uncomfortable with this basic diagnostic I'd suggest you take it to a professional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts