2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well picked up my new R GT last weekend. Have noticed a faint noise coming from what appears to be the passenger side.... roughly the middle.... start car up, stick in first and clicky clicky click.. it sounds like a relay opening... change to second same again, slowing down foot off the accelerator and onto brake clcky clicky click...... it goes after that [pretty much. Not sure (being a Type R virgin so to speak) if there is even a relay under there somewhere..... know my Type S doesn't do this . One thing that am wondering is could it be the seatbelt pulley.... its in the right area and i know that some have lateral motion sensors in them..... the airbag warning is showing and the belt sounds weird when released and returning to the housing. Am getting the system checke next week but on't know of this linked. Any opinions welcome

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well 2 votes for the clutch then... it seems to work ok.. is it common or a fault??

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Or it could be the front sub frame needs cleaning and regreasing. Common problem on the FN2.
Any threads about that? I got same issue and would happily clean it up regrease it to remove the problem

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
the clutch is a common prob mine clicks in first and second

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Any threads about that? I got same issue and would happily clean it up regrease it to remove the problem
This is probably the biggest thread regarding the problem, http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/8414-please-any-ideas-knock-creak-tap-front.html. But if you need anymore info then search for subframe, loads of threads will turn up.

Honda have issued a bulletin (HUK000000001136) for the problem but they won't fix it unless you specifically complain about it. I can e-mail you the bulletin, which contains the instructions on how to fix it, just PM me.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
This is probably the biggest thread regarding the problem, http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/8414-please-any-ideas-knock-creak-tap-front.html. But if you need anymore info then search for subframe, loads of threads will turn up.

Honda have issued a bulletin (HUK000000001136) for the problem but they won't fix it unless you specifically complain about it. I can e-mail you the bulletin, which contains the instructions on how to fix it, just PM me.
PM sent thanks mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts