2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a constant and very irritating clicking sound coming from somewhere behind the central air vents on the dashboard. Has anyone else had this problem or know the cause?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't know the cause, but am having the same problem. Useful how it never happens every time I go to the garage...

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I had something similar. And i was convinced it was coming from behind the radio, but it turned out to be coming below the gear stick/hand brake. (under the car). Noise travels really easily, especially in the vents.

Took me weeks/months to track down.
Turned out to the exhaust heat shield rubbing against the body work, a quick bend with some plyers by a few mm's fixed it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me to..Very interesting ,its only happens when outside temp is below 14C...
I thinks its a windsheeld in contact with plastic on dashboard..maybe...
Tommorow I will go to Honda to check that noise...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm..as you say sound travels and can be very deceptive. It really does sound like it's coming from just behind the vents so I hope its a simple cure. I've tried pushing, moving and holding various parts of the dashboard whilst driving and nothing I do stops it from happening. Using the fans seemed to trigger it yesterday but that could just be a coincidence.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have exactly the same problem, and i too am also convinced that it is coming from behind the vents. Although, today i have been going through the car looking for loose trim and potential noise problems.

Been looking at the rear seats, ash tray and glove box. Just treated them by putting some special Self Amalgamating Rubber Tape on the hinges and corners. The stuff is amazing and i'm sure some of the squeaks and rattles are beginning to disappear. I will have to let you know if i still get the noise as from prodding and pressing, the rattle seems as if it is from either the plastic vents or just above the glove box.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Hi. It coud be windscreen plastic locating pins (2) beatwine windscreen and body just behinde roof lining.These suppose to been remuved (by HONDA) after glue go's off ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There are cables behind the upper left-hand corner of the central air vents which are cleated at that point. The cleat was loose on mine, causing a light, clicking kind of rattle.
You need to follow the instructions for removing the radio to get to it, or see your dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the windscreen. I had the same problem which went away for shorts periods of time after washing my car. It was just polution between the windscreen and plastics.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are cables behind the upper left-hand corner of the central air vents which are cleated at that point. The cleat was loose on mine, causing a light, clicking kind of rattle.
You need to follow the instructions for removing the radio to get to it, or see your dealer.
Sounds good think I'll try that.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
You need to remove both a pila trims (will need new cilps),both sunwisers pull roof lining down. Than look in to the gap betvine windscreen and body you will see 2 white locating pins,then pull them out with long nose pliers.
That done trick for me.
Good luck ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts