2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I was getting really fed up with the dreaded clutch pedal squeak. I contacted nestou and he helped me out with replacement brass washer inserts. I swapped the inserts but the squeak was still there. So, I gave the whole mechanism a bath in Ixtar Multilube as suggested by blustone. The squeak was still there but thought I would give it a few days before treating again. A couple of days later the squeak is now 100% gone, no need for a second treatment yet. Fingers crossed it lasts.
Good to know - can you tell us more about the brass inserts? Are these replacements for the pedal bushes?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Yes, the inserts are machined brass inserts to replace the plastic inserts either side of the spring. Stops the metal on metal clicking some people may be experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Not too bad. Grease the insert, put on the spring then wrestle with long nose pliers until it clicks into place.

·
Νίκος
2,841 Posts
Good to know - can you tell us more about the brass inserts? Are these replacements for the pedal bushes?
Hello friends
this is the brass wahsers with the construct dimensions, i have put this washers in my car on 20/02/2013, no lubricant again and quiet until today.
clutch whaser upgrate last 2014 b.jpg

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I can vouch for these inserts. They are a great direct fit and didn't take too long to install onto the pedal.

·
Νίκος
2,841 Posts
Were did you get them from pal?
Hi, as i know there are not available for purchase from any shop. There are self-construction, for this reason i gave the dimensions to construct them at any machenery with a lathe.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
IU got something similar from Wych bearings - similar dims but shorter (haven't tried them yet) - might be worth asking them if they would do some??

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did mine to

2 weeks ago i took the pedalbox out of the car and put some new teflon bushes in it and lubricated the whole box.

Put everything together , still squeak in the pedal.:mad::mad:

Yesterday I lubricated the inside of the mastercilinder while the pedal was down.
Sprayed a few times , moved the pedal and the squeak was gone.:D:D

A new cilinder incl. fitting is 450 Euro.

Don't know how long it is quiet??????:confused::confused:

Kind Regards
Where did you get the bushes from please?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts