2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brake a can hear a lot of liquid slushing around. I've never noticed this before on any Car but I guess I've not had a full tank very often.

I hope this is normal?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Perfectly normal mate, because the tank is under the front seats the sloshing is more noticeable

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
try to check that the doors aren;t full of water..that was mine!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol that's makes sense now! So is that why the boot is so big? There is no spare tyre right?

Doors full of water?!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
yeah - check the bungs in the bottom of the door - ensure they are free of water!

·
UKDM
779 Posts
It will be the doors as michael says, there is 3 bungs in the bottom of each that get blocked up and they start retaining water, just remove them completely and be prepared for a good pint of water to come out :)

I've never once heard the petrol in my tank but my doors were full of water once and I could hear that clear as day

·
UKDM
779 Posts
I just threw mine you can get new ones but it will only happen again

Go try it now you wont believe how much water comes out

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
depends on the age of the car (only upto 07 models i think) but the bungs at the base of the boors can get bunged up and stop water flowing out. just take em out n chuck em, you dont need them, the doors may well be full of water. I've never heard the petrol slosh about in the tank, ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts