2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slighlty before the freeze i noticed my wiper motor was a little noisey, now the big freeze has hit it has gotten noticably noiser, anyone else had this problem?

Also, should all civics have a glovebox light as mine doesnt seem to!:confused:
:TTurbo:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My left wiper motor also makes a weird noise, almost as if some rubber is being squished, i just noticed it when returning from the honda garage to make an appointment to re align the clutch pedal, DOH :mad:
I'm gonna call them and tell them to also look at it when it has to go in.

The noise from the wiper motor is still very sublte though, i noticed it when standing still for a traffic light and the auto function made them work. It could be that its already doing this for a very long time as its not at all noticeable when driving (not even at 30 mph), especially with some music on.

Seems that not too many owners have this problem, i guess i'm lucky the one :rolleyes:

When i entered the garage the receptionists first reaction was: Aw not you again, whats broken this time :D

Maintenance is scheduled 15 february, i'll keep this thread updated for future identical issues

·
Registered
54 Posts
noisy wiper motor - croaking !!

I too have noticed that my wiper motor sounds like a "frog" - especially since this cold snap has started, is this normal.

I have 12 months warranty with the car with Honda, is it likely that I can get the motor changed for this fault ?

Appreciate your thoughts on this one guys.,

Thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
mine has been doing this croaking/creaking noise for a couple of months now, just put it down to the weather. might have to get it looked at now.. :confused:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
This was a common problem on earlier model civics. The rubber boots on the wiper arm drive shafts can be replaced with modified ones which will stop this noise.

Take a read through this thread. :)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Is the frog noise a bit metallic? I'm wondering if this is what I have.
it sounds like a door creaking but really low pitched... can't say i've heard any metallic noise though!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
it sounds like a door creaking but really low pitched... can't say i've heard any metallic noise though!
Hmmm, mine does a metallic rattle when changing direction in the top position, so don't think it is the "frog".

Anyone else had the symptom I have described?

Think I'll have the dealer look at it when they fix my broken folding wing mirror, but, I would prefer to be able to tell them exactly what to fix! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts