2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car on Tuesday. When changing up a gear I lift my foot off the throttle quickly and it makes a clunking noise as it hits the stop.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't seen any posts about it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I got my car on Tuesday. When changing up a gear I lift my foot off the throttle quickly and it makes a clunking noise as it hits the stop.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't seen any posts about it.
yep for mee too but it's normal! don't worry!
if your ears are really good, turn off radio, engine you can hear also how the clutch switch clicks... just press it in-out qucikly in a few times;)

enjoy your car and don't worry about these minor noises!:cool:

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I noticed this when I first bought my car last year: when changing up I was lifting my foot from the gas fully and I'd often hear a thud as the pedal sprung up. I tend not to hear it at all now and I put it down to my driving style changing to suit the pedals. Like several others I presume, I'd not driven a car with an organ-type gas pedal before. I reckon that in time you'll notice this much less.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I tested this out earlier, I normally have the music going so hadn't noticed before now. Yes I have the same noise though i see it as a positive thing, its a solid clunk, almost satisfying, gives confidence in its construction.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oddly enough, EVERY car I've owned has had a noisy accelerator.

It always comes from the passenger side and sounds a bit like my missus. It definitely only happens when pressing the accelerator though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts