2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have got myself a new toy in the way of a new phone. The phone is a Nokia n900. I've had a look on the list of compatible phones but it's not there, so just wondered does anyone else have this phone and have they had any problems pairing it to the car. I only got it yesterday and have not tried it yet. :popcorn:

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paired it today no problem. All though I had to admit in getting the manual out. But one thing got me confused with the instructions, that is it says you can pair upto 7 phones to the system. So I successfully paired my new phone and tried to connect my old phone, to which i still have on another contract, but it just pairs the first phone it finds. I assumed from the instructions I can have up to 7 phones simultaneously paired, but this is not the case. :)

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
You can pair 7 phones, but only 1 can be connected at a time. If you want to connect a different phone, you press button on wheel and say "next phone".

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can pair 7 phones, but only 1 can be connected at a time. If you want to connect a different phone, you press button on wheel and say "next phone".
Didn't know that, i'm not normally posh enough to have 2 mobile phones. 7 phones just seems a strange figure, why not 5 or 10 or another figure. Not many families will have 7 users of a car though.

Anyway cheers for that. :)

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Didn't know that, i'm not normally posh enough to have 2 mobile phones. 7 phones just seems a strange figure, why not 5 or 10 or another figure. Not many families will have 7 users of a car though.

Anyway cheers for that. :)
If you kept reading the manual it tells you that other phones can be paired and swapped over by saying "next phone" as mentioned by Andyp.

I have a works phone and private phone also my wife's phone is on there too. The best bit is that it automatically connects to the last phone that was connected to the car if the phone's bluetooth is left turned on.

Hope yours is working well now.

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
How do you find the phone? My nephew was going to get one but its not on O2 for a while so he plumped for the N97 mini. As stated elsewhere, I have just got an iphone, the N900 would have interested me if was on O2.

(I dont get on with orange or vodafone, not tried t mobile... maybe next?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone knows whether this phone would work with the HFT on a 2007 Accord EX? I asked Honda but they claim they have not tested the phone yet at all.

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
Seven is a strange number to choose, but it's the same as the number of controllers a PS3 can talk to, which is also Bluetooth...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts