2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Helpee
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any top tips for making the non colour coded wheel arches and side skirts look good?

Gave my car a good wash and wax, including wheels and I have to say it looked very nice :D

Until the plastic surrounds dried out and they look a bit faded/well crap to be honest.

Any suggestions to getting them back to a nice black colour, maybe a lasting wet look? Kiwi Parade boot polish? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Try Bilt Hamber, you can use it on all plastic trim.

Lots of other tips in the cleaning section.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Auto Glym bumper care, never even tried anything else; never had to.

·
Helpee
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have this at the moment but I wouldn't buy it again. It stops working after a couple of weeks.
It was the first thing I thought about, but I was dubious about it lasting. Generally like AG products though.

·
Helpee
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try Bilt Hamber, you can use it on all plastic trim.

Lots of other tips in the cleaning section.
Couldn't find a Bilt Hamber product specifically for plastic trim. Which product were you recommending?

·
The D is for Dave
286 Posts
Gtechniq C4, definitely. I used it on my wheel arches and now they look new. Need to get round to doing my splitters and skirts as there's a big contrast between sections now.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Auto Glym bumper care, never even tried anything else
I tried this for the first time last week, and posted in the cleaning section when somebody else asked a similar question.
I also have never tried anything else, but this product really impressed me with its results and ease of use. :D
It was mentioned that the effect might not last very long after washing etc, so i will keep my eye on it and see how long it lasts.
Even if it lasts up to a month before needing done again then i will be happy with that, because it is so quick and easy to apply.

Gtechniq C4 may be a superior product that is claimed to work for up to 2 years, and i might try it at some point, but at around £30 it is at least 4 times the price of AGBC.
I reckon a bottle of AGBC will last me about a year if re-applying every month, so it still works out as better value. Plus i quite enjoy putting it on, so will stick with it for now. :D

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Couldn't find a Bilt Hamber product specifically for plastic trim. Which product were you recommending?
Auto Balm, It's great for the rear door handles too.

·
Helpee
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plasticare.

Paint it on, and forget about it.

Its cheap, and has lasted nearly a year and counting on my car - with only 1 application.
Looks interesting, dyeing the plastic black I think would look good.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.