2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a guess most of the posts on here are from Civic drivers (who seem to love the experience)
However, for a different view, what is it like as a passenger, either front or back? Something I have not yet tried- would you let someone else pilot your space ship?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
When I get mine is something I NEVER plan on doing!!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I let one of my mates who works for a garage have a drive of it, he loved it. Also my wife is MUCH more comfortable when compared to my previous Mondeo, the firmer suspension in the Civic stops her being thrown around as much when I take those roundabouts/corners faster than her ;)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
My husband nods off in the passenger seat as it's such a comfortable ride :lol: Loads of legroom, armrests and a full view of the road ahead because of the size of the windscreen.

I do let him drive it but only occasionally and only when I'm there to supervise [smilie=hrmm.gif] I don't relax as much as he does as I'm too busy watching the speedo and his driving! :roll:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I've never been driven while I was in the back, but I've been in the passenger seat a couple of times with the wife driving. Very comfortable and you get more of an effect of the power than you do when you drive it. I was in my mates brand new BMW 3 series today as a passenger on a 60 mile round trip and I'm quite unimpressed. The seats were unsupportive and it felt bland. I got out with the lower part of my back starting to hurt.

Only thing my wife complains about as a passenger is when the seat is full back, there is a bulge just in front of the seat, which I assume is shaped for the fuel tank to fit under. She says it gets a bit uncomfortable on a long journey as it restricts her feet movement (she's only 5'2") She always has the seat clicked two positions forward so it isn't a problem for her now.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Does anyone find the reflections in the instrument panel (curved see-through plastic bit) a bit distracting from the passenger seat?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I haven't been a passenger in mine yet the missus doesn't want to drive my "new toy" yet! The missus finds there's too much room in the front and its not too comfy if the seat is set back with the seat back reclined (she's 5'1')

Had 3 passengers for work on a day trip to Wales and back, they were suitably impressed especially with the amount of room in the back, one tried to do the tip the front seat to get in the back thing 'cos they thought it was a 3 door. Most of journey was on the M4, and it was stable enough for one to do his email in the back at "motorway speeds" :wink:

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Never been a passenger and never intend to be :wink:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
In reply to Pottsy question, everyone I know loves it and hasn't said it's distracting. My dad's had Audis for the last 20 years and absolutely loves the interior. He's recently got a new Audi A4 quattro but said the interior doesn't compare to mine. My husband is quite taken by it but still fancies upgrading from his Pug to an Audi A3 - any previous Audi owners, your views would be appreciated!

I'm 5'6 and love the leg room. Passengers in the back still have plenty of room to stretch out as well even if my husband's driving or in the passenger seat. Another thing I've noticed is, even with passengers in the back, you've still got a good view from the rear view mirror. In my old Civic, all you could see was their head!

Personally, I love the glovebox, a good place to hide my handbag :roll: and the boot - plenty of space for shopping bags and the drop down shelf means that your groceries are supported and don't roll round the boot!!! :lol: I know, only a woman could get excited about that!

I love this car more than my VW Scirocco and that's saying something!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts