2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

Well, its a new car in the household, its not mine, but ill be driving it for a few months whilst I start a new job, then im going to ATTEMPT to get myself a FN Civic. (Its all your fault from Silverstone)

Anyhoo, Its my dads new motor, a 2011 Renault Megane Coupe, Dynamique TomTom Edition.

PICS:

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
:lol:

Renault do some good designs but their reliability record is atrocious.

Still prefer the Civ dash though :)

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
Can’t beat a nice clean new car.

Still very happy with my interior though when I look at other cars!

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
cant believe when creating the interior someone didnt go: hmm bit too much grey?

·
Registered
698 Posts
[smilie=meh.gif][smilie=meh.gif][smilie=thumbdown.g:

[QUOTE="JohnnyBoy, post: 863940, member: 29283"]Get that French cack off our forums[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, its French, but like I said, its not mine, I only have to suffer it for a few months!

Very impressive car though, very smooth to drive, the engine is responsive and although its not power-heaven, it pulls throughout the rev range.

The amount of gadgets in it is impressive too, the built in TomTom is brilliant, along with the radio display intergrated into the satnav.

It has a slot for connecting an iPhone for music, however the car comes equipped with the tech to do this over bluetooth. It has the phone system integrated too, voice activation for calls and the steering wheel controls for answer and reject, alongside the steering wheel mounted radio controls.

It comes with the cruise control, and electronic speed limiter (which can be set obviously).

The one thing I particularly like (maybe because I havent seen it before) is the handsfree key card. As long as you have the key card on your persons, when you walk up to the car, it unlocks itself, you get in, and can use the push button start without having to insert the key into anything. When you get out and walk away, it locks itself again, and beeps to let you know it has locked.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I would not like the handsfree keycard thingy, prefer to lock/unlock it myself. Far too much gets automated these days, before long cars will be driving themselves and where's the fun in that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would not like the handsfree keycard thingy, prefer to lock/unlock it myself. Far too much gets automated these days, before long cars will be driving themselves and where's the fun in that.
I agree that too much is being automated, and obviously I agree, where would be the fun in a car that would drive itself, but, the hands free keycard is awesome, and not to mention, a cool gadget to show off :D

I drove a 56 plate Clio Sport 190 the other day, hot wee car.
I was really impressed as well, very smooth etc.

Ren's have come a long way since the days of the crappy 5 and 11's lol

Their showroom here has the Clio Sport Gordini, it drips with leather and styling, really pretty.
Some of the new Renaults have been impressive, their 'Cup' cars have been quite nippy machines, and have you seen the Megane Coupe RS? The 2.0 Turbo? Wow! Such a machine, and it looks like a beast!

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I agree that too much is being automated, and obviously I agree, where would be the fun in a car that would drive itself, but, the hands free keycard is awesome, and not to mention, a cool gadget to show off :D

Some of the new Renaults have been impressive, their 'Cup' cars have been quite nippy machines, and have you seen the Megane Coupe RS? The 2.0 Turbo? Wow! Such a machine, and it looks like a beast!
I'd get paranoid that I'd left it unlocked all the time lol.

Some of the Clio sports are immense fun, but I still wouldn't buy a Renault lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the brand new nissan qashqai has renault engine in.i had a 2010 qashqai and it had the 1.5 dci renault engine.good engine plenty of torque.i agree i think renault used to have a bad reputation but i think they have come along way over the years.(still not as good as my honda engine tho lol!!!!!)but sorry i will never buy another renault car again after the experience i had with my s reg scenic.driving down motorway doing 70 tand the engine cut out.lost all power steeering,brakes etc.i had my son and missus in car too.i was lucky.it shook me up a little.as soon as we got back of holiday it soon went down the scrap yard and it was the slowest 1.6 i have ever drove.going up hills i would have to change down to 1st just to get up the hills with cars beeping their horns at me to hury.never again sorry!!!!!!!

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
It's not the engines I have issue with, just everything else like electronics being dodgy, poor build quality etc.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts

this was my little renault sport before the civ, would of loved to have a clio or meggy sport but only being nearly 20, insurance is a nightmare. i love renaults, there lovely cars, great to drive the only thing that lets them down is build quality. i changed to the derv civ for the sporty looks and the better economy and power but i know when i finish uni a meggy sport will be on the cards :).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally, I'd never buy a Renault myself, like I said, its my dads car. I would always prefer to buy a Japanese car, no matter how old!

But yes, I do believe Renault has came a long way over the years, and you can see their cars getting better every time a new one comes out!

As for the Nissan Qashqai, that was my dads first choice of motor, but when he went in to buy, they told him it would be a minimum of 4 months before they could get him one. Renault had this one 2 weeks after order, so this was the choice he went with!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts