2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Quick intro.

Have been a Honda fan for many years - mainly motrobikes so this has been my first Honda 4 wheels. Liked the feel and ride so got one about 14 months ago. Got a 2.2 Es with leather seats and 17 inch wheels.

Had a nightmare first week when the car brokedown 2 days in a row going to work (breakdown was in rush hour on a suicide road) Engine would not rev above idle on both occaisions and so had to coast into gutter. AA came out to rescue and both times the plugin diagnostic kit could find no fault. Honda garage on first occaision came up with NFF. On the second occaision I was getting a bit annoyed and the engineer took it out on a test drive in heavy traffic - he had to be towed back - result. Turned out to be a pinhole in the radiator and heavy traffic caused overheating hence the engine protection cutting in (but was absolutely amazed that engine management software did not flag that engine protection ahd been tripped and posted error messages for the diagnostics - very poor software design). Replaced under warranty after a short debate and apparently the damage to the inside face of the radiator was quite large.

Ever since has been fault free and enjoyable.

Regards

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ian.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noobie in Bucks

Thanks all for the welcome.

As for my bikes - started off as apimply 18 year old with a CB250RSA (When you could be a learner on a 250)
Then after a couple of other bikes I got a VFR750 which was the canines spherical objects - did almost every country in europe on that bike.
Another excursion into armchairs on 2 wheels and now I have Honda Hornet (600 flavour) - it's OK but could do with a bit more poke (or maybe I should shed a few stone :oops:).

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say fault free but I did suffer from the fuel filler flap cable release (or not) prob. The one that made you look like a perv in the forecourt as you furiously pumped the release lever to try and get the flap open! Fixed by a special visit back to Startin Honda in Worcester.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts