2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any meetings in North or near Cumbria coming up? Wouldn't mind seeing a few mods for ideas and hearing a few different exhausts...

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
You could always organise one yourself.

Carlisle is a great location, with good access from the M6 and A66.

Find a decent pub with a big car park, confirm with them that they'd be OK with 10-20 well behaved car enthusiasts turning up and spending £10-15 per head, choose a date, then post a meet thread.

I know of several members in your area, might even pop down with my better half, is only 90 mins from Ayr.

Can PM me if you want any more advice, I've arranged a few myself, when I lived in Yorkshire.

Venue and date are key, btw...;)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is looking hopeful, what days or nights would be better for you guys? Fri, sat, sun? Weeknights?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Defo not a weekday evening, is 90 mins each way from Ayr.

Was thinking more of a Sat/Sun, arrange to meet at noon, then go for some food around 13.00.

Might be busy for folk leading up to Chrimbo, but may be the Sunday after...28/12/14 ?

Nice country pub with a big car park ideally.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Right Chrisjacko, I've had a little look on Google maps and FB, and think I've found a suitable venue on the outskirts of Carlisle. Got a date in mind, too, that should suit most.

Think we've got five already, and I know a few others that may be interested.

Would you like me get the ball rolling, speak to the venue, then post a meet thread ?

Like I said earlier, I've organised a few before in West Yorkshire, so know the format. May be you could then do future ones ? :D

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right Chrisjacko, I've had a little look on Google maps and FB, and think I've found a suitable venue on the outskirts of Carlisle. Got a date in mind, too, that should suit most.

Think we've got five already, and I know a few others that may be interested.

Would you like me get the ball rolling, speak to the venue, then post a meet thread ?

Like I said earlier, I've organised a few before in West Yorkshire, so know the format. May be you could then do future ones ? :D

Yeah good idea, I'll let you sort it. cheers mate!
What venue you looking at?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts