2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
"Yorks/Lancs" Meet 26/06/10 - Lake District Annual Run

The meeting point will be the BP Garage at Ings Village at 11am on the A591 before you get to Windermere. There's a large carpark as you turn left into the garage. From there we'll head up A591 past Windermere and turn right at the mini roundabout onto the A592. This will take us up the Kirkstone Pass. We'll stop at the top at the Kirkstone Pass Inn (Kirkstone Pass Inn: Kirkstone Pass Inn's Official Web Site Page), large car park with good food and ale.
From there we'll head towards Ullswater on the A592, then just before Aira Force Waterfall we'll turn left onto the A5091 towards Troutbeck and the A66. When we get to the A66 we'll turn left towards Keswick.
(Possible stop in Keswick for some shopping...keep the women happy....;))
Then we'll turn left at the roundabout and go through Keswick on the A591 towards Thirlmere.
Just before we reach Grasmere there is a pub (Travellers Rest) and a large layby that we can pull into to have another breather and get some pics. After that we can all head home which will more than likely be straight down the A591 to the M6/A65 and go our separate ways. There's no traffic lights or too many major junctions where we may get split up either so it should be a good day out.:p

Please sign below:
1. robbo51 (Chris) Skoda Octavia vRS

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
No can do, my saturday in. Have a good run though and hope you have the weather like its been today

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
The meeting point will be the BP Garage at Ings Village at 11am on the A591 before you get to Windermere. There's a large carpark as you turn left into the garage. From there we'll head up A591 past Windermere and turn right at the mini roundabout onto the A592. This will take us up the Kirkstone Pass. We'll stop at the top at the Kirkstone Pass Inn (Kirkstone Pass Inn: Kirkstone Pass Inn's Official Web Site Page), large car park with good food and ale.
From there we'll head towards Ullswater on the A592, then just before Aira Force Waterfall we'll turn left onto the A5091 towards Troutbeck and the A66. When we get to the A66 we'll turn left towards Keswick.
(Possible stop in Keswick for some shopping...keep the women happy....:wink:)
Then we'll turn left at the roundabout and go through Keswick on the A591 towards Thirlmere.
Just before we reach Grasmere there is a pub (Travellers Rest) and a large layby that we can pull into to have another breather and get some pics. After that we can all head home which will more than likely be straight down the A591 to the M6/A65 and go our separate ways. There's no traffic lights or too many major junctions where we may get split up either so it should be a good day out.:razz:

Please sign below:
2. Terry +1 CTR and if ok, mate in his 996 +1

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
just got back home after a week of driving those roads, would strongly recommend the traveller's rest, food is excellent, but would also say the "white lion" in ambleside is far better value for money, hope the weather is on your side for the road trip !! hope you all enjoy it,

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just got back home after a week of driving those roads, would strongly recommend the traveller's rest, food is excellent, but would also say the "white lion" in ambleside is far better value for money, hope the weather is on your side for the road trip !! hope you all enjoy it,
Thanks...We are not eating in Grasmere, thats reserved for the Kirkstone Pass Inn. Many thanks TV...I think Ambleside will be too busy and parking a problem.
I'll check out the White Lion next time I'm there

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
Just before we reach Grasmere there is a pub (Travellers Rest) and a large layby that we can pull into to have another breather and get some pics. After that we can all head home which will more than likely be straight down the A591 to the M6/A65 and go our separate ways. There's no traffic lights or too many major junctions where we may get split up either so it should be a good day out.:razz:

Please sign below:
3. Fatboy pete - Civic 1.8ex NHB

·
Quit yo Jibba Jabba
177 Posts

Please sign below:
4. Griff - CTS

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I will come is it this wednesday? How many people are comin?
I

Your a month early mate, its Sat 26/06

Unfortunately I cant make it, I will driving to Devon tha day. Hope you guys have a fab day.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
hmmm, am considering this, might do the same as last year and stop over and make a nice weekend of it.

At least this time I have a better chance of keeping up with you lot!

4. Griff - CTS
5. Gadgetman68 (Paul and Tracey) CTR (possible)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
"Yorks/Lancs" Meet 26/06/10 - Lake District Annual Run

Definitely coming as the hotel is booked :)

Quick question, I know the meeting point and Kirkstone Pass Inn is the same as last year but is the rest of the run following the same route ..... I'm not too familiar with the area and can't quite remember.

Anyway, list updated

4. Griff - CTS
5. Gadgetman68 (Paul and Tracey) CTR

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More or less Paul..
Of course. If anyone wants to plan another route..thats OK with me.
There is a possibility of a round route via Borrowdale..Honister Pass to Buttermere and then the Newlands Valley back to Keswick..see what others think..OK?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where is everyone when they said they prefered the 26th?
Pete?
Matt?
Frank?
Paul?
Steve?

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
take robbo up on the offer boys, the extended route is a great drive, you wont be disappointed !!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Sorry cant make it as will be on the other side of the country on hols. Dont remember saying anything about 26th and wasnt at last meet, so couldn't have said it then. Hopefully will be at next meet tho. Enjoy the run. See you all soon.

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
Sorry cant make it as will be on the other side of the country on hols. Dont remember saying anything about 26th and wasnt at last meet, so couldn't have said it then. Hopefully will be at next meet tho. Enjoy the run. See you all soon.
No excuse. should still come across for the day :)

1 - 20 of 116 Posts