2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I visit my dad for a weekend, never an issue with parking; go to clean my car only to find someone has dented the passenger side rear quarter. police are unable to do anything as no cctv so looks like im stuck with the bill. Does anyone have any sort of idea at the sort of price im looking at ?car is a 1.8 3 door type s deep metallic bronze.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, was hoping for £500 maximum. I am hoping they are able to repair it rather than buying a whole new panel:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
so I visit my dad for a weekend, never an issue with parking; go to clean my car only to find someone has dented the passenger side rear quarter. police are unable to do anything as no cctv so looks like im stuck with the bill. Does anyone have any sort of idea at the sort of price im looking at ?car is a 1.8 3 door type s deep metallic bronze.

1. Is the paint broken? If yes, go to body shop and get estimates.
If no, and the backside of the dent is accessible to some extent (even if trim has to be removed), get a price for paint-less dent removal (PDR).
Have a look on youtube to see what these guys can do.
My good lady had PDR done to her car recently, and the results were amazing. I didn't think it could be done, but I was seriously impressed. They are mobile and come to your house/work. Only works if the paint hasn't been broken, I believe. Google paint less dent removal in your area.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
That'll repair no probs, fork out some more cash and get it colour coded while its in for repair. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only the paint on fold of door has been broken but nothing on the dent, will have to get a few quotes by the sounds but will definatly research paintless dent removal. kills me to see my pride and joy like this :confused:

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
only the paint on fold of door has been broken but nothing on the dent, will have to get a few quotes by the sounds but will definatly research paintless dent removal. kills me to see my pride and joy like this :confused:

Don't waste your time with PDR mate, it needs to go to a bodyshop.

Your rear arch is also damaged so it'll need a repair on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, just want her fixed :(, hopefully won't take to long to repair or too expensive. Do you know if the colour coding will match with the original ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Don't waste your time with PDR mate, it needs to go to a bodyshop.

Your rear arch is also damaged so it'll need a repair on it.
Is this too badly damaged for PDR, then?
My other half's was quite bad, but maybe not as bad as this.
Apologies if I've mislead anyone.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Is this too badly damaged for PDR, then?
My other half's was quite bad, but maybe not as bad as this.
Apologies if I've mislead anyone.

Maybe it could, too hard too tell from pics but the fact it's quite badly scuffed then there's a chance it would need painted anyway.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I would definitely advise getting that fixed up properly in a body shop, and ask them for a all-in-one deal to get the side trim and arches colour-coded (if you can afford it of course!)

The car will look so much better with the grey trim matching the body paintwork.

I'm in a similar but less severe situation with some scratches caused by some scumbag in a car park who legged it, and no cctv of course. Ive a spray painter lined up to get it fixed weds/thurs and I wont be happy till the car is fixed. its sickening when this happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell me about it, everytime I look at it my heart breaks. Couldn't touch it yesterday but cleaned it up this morning and it doesn't look as bad as it first looked, as far I can tell hardly any of the paint has been removed. Will post pictures soon

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Bodyshop **. Some git keyed my car last month, right along the passenger door, down to the metal in places. I got in touch with a local guy who has his own booth. Anyway like you my car is my pride and joy, and I was very concerned about a paint match. The job he did was simply amazing. He painted the whole door and then blended into the wing and rear quarter. You would never know and I paid 350 for what is nearly a full side respray. Hope you get it sorted **.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive had a quote for 160,but that seems a bit too cheap for my liking. I want a perfect match on colour. does anyone know if the Honda bronze deep pearl paint is hard for a bodyshop to get hold of orr match ?

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
If it's any help bud, any spay painter worth his salt should be able to colour match. They get the paint code from the plate on the inside of passenger door. As I understand it, and so the sprayer who did my car said, If you get just the damaged panel done then in certain light conditions you will see a difference. The only way round this is to blend the paint with the panel next to the damaged one. 160 seems very cheap! As stated 300-500 would be the bill I would expect. Most place's have websites and facebook pages these days, do your homework and check out reviews.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is what makes me so mad! Why bother having a nice car? I have the beautiful sapphire blue, when I came back there were big dents and scrapes where a person had dragged their bag along my car.
Ive also caught a woman in the act trying to wedge a trolly down the side of my car for a shortcut.

Other people make me so mad!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts