2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys.
So, I have this rattle that's driving me nuts. Car is 08 2.2 diesel with 80k showing. The rattle only happens when the engine is hot (it doesn't show up on journeys of say less than 20 miles). The rattle is coming from the engine bay area, possibly directly behind the dash..but that might be misleading..I just don't know for sure. Rattles under 'normal' driving, ie if I put my foot down, the noise stops, if I back off the gas, the rattle stops as well. It sounds like a nut or bolt 'buzzing' in a tin can, that's the best description I can think of. Doesn't sound mechanically severe, but it's baffling (and annoying) me. Turn the music up a bit, and you cant hear it, but I'd still like to fix it. Could be an exhaust heat shield or internal baffle maybe? I'm new to civics, so if anyone has/had same, and knows what it could be, I'd appreciate it! Cheers all, happy motoring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rattle

I also have a rattle but it must be part of the blower fan as it dies down when the fan speed is reduced, and I can not find how to access the blower unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts