2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had to get this off my chest!

I picked up a new Type R last week. When I got home I noticed that their was a chip on the paintwork on the drivers door - it was down the edge (as if it had been opened into something). I rang the dealer straight away so that they knew it was there from day one.

They agreed to fix it.

I have also been getting a rattle from the dash on the passengers side (where the A-pillar meets the dash).

They also agreed to look at this when the car went in for the chip.

I just got it back and I'm very disappointed. All they had done to the paint chip was touch it up, not blended in at all. Very poor job (I could have done better myself).

They fixed the rattle but now I can see a fair amount of green sponge poking out from the dash. Looks rubbish.

I shouldn't have to put up with a simple touch up job should I? It's really taking the shine off having a new car.

I'm going to go back tomorrow to complain. Does anybody have any advice on how to tackle this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry to hear youre having problems but Ive come to think that Honda dealer's think we're thick or have no clue, the cars are usually good the dealers stink, just stick to your guns and get it sorted to how you want not what the dealer wants, I felt like this and thought is it me am I being over critical, but after owning BMW's the dealers bend over backwards to help or they did with me. The dealers I bought mine from are all W**kers except for the sales men great deal I got.......... but workshop and service dont know their arse from their elbows so persivere and get it sorted and dont take any crap, sorry to sound bitter but they annoy me soooooooo much

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the support.

It does appear that they have employed a complete muppet in the workshop. I guess that they were trying to do a cheap and quick job and hope I didn't come back.

What makes it worse is that they must have known it was there as the car was supposedly SuperGuarded. This means that either a) they noticed it but decided not to tell me, or b) the SuperGuard treatment was less than thorough.

I expected more from Honda. "The Power of Dreams" my ar*e.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes exactly when they should be wet they're a let down............
Any way dont let up on them, hound them till they do as you want or like me switch dealers till you get some half decent service I dont know why on all the poll's thats been in mags and TV they dont mention Honda mechanics score a big Zilch .....are they cutting costs and instead of courses send them to Bull Sh*t school????
Ends up being The Power of SCREAMS ...............ahggggggggggggggg

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
What colour is your car brawnr. ?
If its a red or black, they will stand a chance of blending it in.
If its alabaster like mine, then as sprinter has mentioned, it will take a lot of overspray around the chip to blend it in and then I dont think you will be happy.
I agree with you entirely, as they p--s me off too, but better a chip on the edge than them b-ggering up a brand new door panel.
Seems that they have just wedged a bit of sponge behind and not taken the panel off.
Nobody cares anymore, its all about shift it quick and to hell with whether the punter will buy from them again.
Found that the extreme bottom corner of the rear bumper on mine, had been scratched and blown in. Can see the undercoat through it, in the sun.
They have agreed to do it, but I'm not having it done with the bumper insitu, They can take it off and respray the whole thing , before putting it back Very carefully.
Never be afraid to kick up a stink mate, especially when the showroom is full of potential buyers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, its Alabaster Silver.

I think I need a new door, end of discussion. I'm getting annoyed again now...they're getting both barrels tomorrow!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Never be afraid to kick up a stink mate, especially when the showroom is full of potential buyers.
Agreed, if they think it'll put off potential buyers they'll sort it, and don't go to a 'back-room' (office) if they suggest it (BMW used to pull this one if you got ratty).

Good Luck,
Tom

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from the dealers - my blood pressure must be through the roof.

They have agreed to send it to a proper body shop.

They didn't even inspect the car. It makes you think that they knew it was a shoddy job, and they were just hoping that I didn't notice and come back. The salesman is a lot less friendly now (strange that).

I hope the body shop does a better job.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
A call/email (or both) to Honda UK, may be in order, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy, p*ssing off customers like that.

Glad you've got it done, remember, be as picky as you want when it comes back, if it doesn't look 100% send it back again. They screwed up, why should you have to put up with 2nd rate goods, if they refuse call TS... they've fixed a lot of things for me before.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got back from the dealers - my blood pressure must be through the roof.

They have agreed to send it to a proper body shop.

They didn't even inspect the car. It makes you think that they knew it was a shoddy job, and they were just hoping that I didn't notice and come back. The salesman is a lot less friendly now (strange that).

I hope the body shop does a better job.

We did inspect the car, myself and Garry went out to it and relayed the info back to the Service Department.
It's not as easy as I thought it would be when I first saw it so I apologise for that, but it will be rectified.

In relation to me not being as friendly, again I apologise, i wasn't being intenionally non friendly. I was annoyed at the job not being done properly, especially the foam in the dashboard, but thats no excuse for not being myself with you.

Carl.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just had to get this off my chest!

I picked up a new Type R last week. When I got home I noticed that their was a chip on the paintwork on the drivers door - it was down the edge (as if it had been opened into something). I rang the dealer straight away so that they knew it was there from day one.

They agreed to fix it.

I have also been getting a rattle from the dash on the passengers side (where the A-pillar meets the dash).

They also agreed to look at this when the car went in for the chip.

I just got it back and I'm very disappointed. All they had done to the paint chip was touch it up, not blended in at all. Very poor job (I could have done better myself).

They fixed the rattle but now I can see a fair amount of green sponge poking out from the dash. Looks rubbish.

I shouldn't have to put up with a simple touch up job should I? It's really taking the shine off having a new car.

I'm going to go back tomorrow to complain. Does anybody have any advice on how to tackle this.
omg I got that rattling noise in the glove compartment? and its doing my head in!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well least it seems you got a result well done as long as the job turns out A1....... GREAT!!!!
make sure your eyes are 2020 on the day you check it ha ha

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
We did inspect the car, myself and Garry went out to it and relayed the info back to the Service Department.
It's not as easy as I thought it would be when I first saw it so I apologise for that, but it will be rectified.

In relation to me not being as friendly, again I apologise, i wasn't being intenionally non friendly. I was annoyed at the job not being done properly, especially the foam in the dashboard, but thats no excuse for not being myself with you.

Carl.
It's good to see that Honda sales and service people are reading the posts on this forum. Carl, good on you for taking the time to post and apologise.

You must appreciate however, for far too long we as customers have had to put up with dealers who show no interest in their customers once they have made a sale. I fully understand how brawnr must be feeling. I am due to pick my CTR up at the end of October and I too would be gutted if I had picked up a new car and it was damaged. I think I speak for most people when I say we work hard in order to afford these cars and we expect things to be right on a brand new car.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
May I add with respect, my bit as well.
I am on my 4th new Honda, so not a bad punter am I.?
I complained to Honda U.K. about the paint quality, way back in 98 & 99.
It really is time that this issue was sorted.
If it cost a further £50 on the cost of the car, I think many of us with stone chip problems would pay it. ( though we should not have to.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do understand where everyone is coming from, and I too would expect the car to flawless when I pick it up!

I can assure you that my usual attitude is not to forget my customers once they have purchased a car! (You guys probably hear that all the time, but it is true!!!)

I wish everyone all the best with there Type R's and i can only hope the paintwork gets resolved to the standard that I would expect - unfortunately I won't be there to check it though! (I left the dealership yesterday!!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am fussy as hell with chips etc and you shouldn't have to put up with one on a brand new (expensive car)

However I would much rather live with a touched in chip than a brand new car with a bodyshop repair. I am sure some bodyshops can and would do a good job but just check the repair very carefully. I previoulsy have had two Civic's (6th gen) on which a door had been resprayed and it stood out like a sore thumb and looked crap. I also had a third Civic (7th gen) which was resprayed by Honda after being keyed - I had to sell it soon after as the bad repair bugged me so much. Is the chip bad enough to risk this?

Just be carefull and if they do a crap job just reject the car.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I had a scratch on the driver door of my new CR-V it was quite deep and
easily seen - I told them to get it to a bodyshop and to ensure the colour
match was perfect before I would accept the car

Have had the same dealer for a few years now and they agreed there and then and the car was perfect when it came back

Honda need to get on top of their dealers because they should all provide the same level of service I think Phoenix Honda are one of the best

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I am making sure that I go over everything before I part with my cash for the CTR. Some people just have horror stories. This will be the first time that I've gone to pick a brand new car up by myself.

When I got my Cooper S I had my Dad with me (had to take the day off school lol!) and although my Dad had been over it with them the day before, they were still missing my CD changer which I discovered myself when asking about how to use it. I will make sure that I print off the lsit from the Wiki and let you all see my new baby when I get it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts