2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I been to you guys a few times now.

First time was for springs and FRS couldn't fault you guys at all, great service!

Second time I brought my skunk 2 induction kit for fitting and was told that the parts supplied wasn't for my car. I booked in with grin speed and they fitted it with out the need for other parts. Which I was charged £60 for. I thought at the time was fair enough as tegiwa supplied the incorrect parts but wasn't the case.

Thursday was my 3rd and final time that I will return to you guys.
Booked in to have my Coilovers fitted and explained about the skunk 2 kit asked if you could throw on some shims for my brake pads as its only a 10 minute job and whilst you had the wheels off anyway 4 bolts and it's pretty much done, so thought as you charged me for basically not knowing how to fit something you would just throw them on for me. I then got told by some guy that the squealing is because I'm not using drilled or grooved disks to stop the ferodo pads glazing over and that shims shouldn't be used with those pads anyway. Well I just fitted the shims myself and low and behold no squealing didn't even have to change the disks for the squealing to stop!
I was also told that the Meister Coilovers need to be run in on soft and that you had set them all on soft when I got back thought I would play with the settings to find the best feel and they were all on different settings wasn't even if you got soft and hard mixed up. No wonder it felt odd driving back!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
That sounds like bad service from ABP.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds very unlike ABP. I've been taking my cars to them for the last 7/8 years and have never had anything other than top service from all who work there, Chris along with all the lads on the "shop floor" all very knowledgeable and true petrol heads!

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I'm trying to make sense of the post, are you saying you were charged £60 for an incomplete fit of the skunk 2 because the parts were incorrect?

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Feel better, do you? Didn't fancy taking it up with them in a private fashion? Thought you'd air your grievance on a public forum?

Good for you.
I agree with this.

Writing a shocking review on a company rather than taking it up with them personally is childish.

Maybe you did have a bad experience which is fair enough and possibly your right to be annoyed, but remember these forums are public and such reviews as this could loose a well respected company a lot of business.

Think before you post.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I'm trying to make sense of the post, are you saying you were charged £60 for an incomplete fit of the skunk 2 because the parts were incorrect?

I too struggled with this....has speersy booked the car in,taken the induction kit along...been told it cant be fitted,then been charged £60 "investigation fee" sort of thing for the workshop time in finding out they cant fit it?....

as for public reviews of the retail customer service both good and bad...personally,I think its healthy as long as the retailer has full & frank rights to reply and the complaint is neither rude or defamatory...we are all adults,we can look at both sides of an experience and come to a reasoned judgment

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Regardless of it being healthy for a company to have both good and bad, it still shouldn't be placed on a public forum, take it up with the company rather than rant about it on a forum.

You don't see businesses coming on here and posting bad reviews of customers who have been needlessly awkward and rude, do you? Cause I'm sure they get them constantly.
This should be a private matter and not public.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Regardless of it being healthy for a company to have both good and bad, it still shouldn't be placed on a public forum, take it up with the company rather than rant about it on a forum.

You don't see businesses coming on here and posting bad reviews of customers who have been needlessly awkward and rude, do you? Cause I'm sure they get them constantly.
This should be a private matter and not public.
Could this not be the same for any company which the customer feels (rightly or wrongly) has not provided a good service?
There are many threads where people have posted poor reviews of a company and they are then asked to name and shame them.
Should this not be the same for all companies, irrespective if they have a following on here and have been used by a number of members?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Not much point in people only ever providing positive reviews and feedback about service received, is there!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Trip advisor, eBay feedback, Amazon reviews, car forums....All pointless then!
He's hardly ranting either. That is some exaggerated description indeed.
If the OP had put in this very thread how amazing ABP had been on his visits to them no one would have been moaning about the "public forum" thing. Very weird views indeed.
I'm sure ABP will respond as this is their commercial thread. Good place to air these views IMO.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Abp have a cracking rep there's summit not right here ;-)

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I am sure its just a mis-understanding/mis-communication issue here...its interesting that in the recent UK Vapist thread regarding the Honda main dealer,we all piled in with our messages of support and no one pointed out that this should have remained a private matter between UK V and his Honda main dealer....happy days;)

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
I am sure its just a mis-understanding/mis-communication issue here...its interesting that in the recent UK Vapist thread regarding the Honda main dealer,we all piled in with our messages of support and no one pointed out that this should have remained a private matter between UK V and his Honda main dealer....happy days;)
To be fair I never asked for naming and shaming ;)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Maybe OP should have taken it up with company first then if response wasn't good enough then post.... As for those saying it shouldn't be posted at all, well, what are forms for? Maybe ABP can toodle along and add their tuppence...

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Feel better, do you? Didn't fancy taking it up with them in a private fashion? Thought you'd air your grievance on a public forum?

Good for you.
Sorry I wasn't aware that a review of a service could only be good :facepalm:

I did raise things with them On the third visit and thought as it was their error with the fitment of the induction kit then they would put on the shims I brought for my pads but was met with a person who was on his high horse about ferodo not needing shims and that its because I haven't got drilled or grooved disks I could see that this person wasn't going to budge on his incorrect reasoning, when I returned home I went on the ferodo site and they actually mention shims in there trouble shooting section for squeal.

i'm not looking for anything apart from to let people know my experience as this is what helps people make an informed decision on whether to use a company or not, I am well aware of ABP's reputation of being one of the best this is why I decided to go to them in the first place maybe my expectations was too high.

Although like I said my first visit there I was very impressed with the service and the work.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes mate I took my skunk 2 there to have fitted stripped all the OEM air box out and got half way through installing the induction kit when I was told that the incorrect parts had been supplied I can't remember which part but I think it was the battery relocation kit but not 100% sure it was a beginning of last year.

Off the information provided by ABP I phoned up Tegiwa and gave them a bit of a roasting over the phone for supplying incorrect parts which I feel stupid for as grin speed fitted it with the exact same parts supplied so cost me quite a bit with fuel to get this part supplied!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts