2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i've got the seat down as low as it adjusts. is there a way to make it lower i'm not really tall but still feel i'm up in the heavens

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
I doubt it on an OEM seat.

Maybe you need to swap if out for a lower mounted bucket seat? Which will also need the airbag disabling.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5"10. If the steering wheel went up more it would be fine just feel it's on my legs

·
Registered
3 Posts
The OEM seats are very low. I'm 6'5 and prefer about 4 levels up from lowest setting.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I'm 6'11" and have no issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've adjusted it to the highest setting, I don't like it at all, the top of the steering wheel blocks the top of the dash display where the warning lights, the headlight symbols an the top of the rev counter...

None of that is vital for every day driving, but I like to see it...

Now my problem is that I've pumped the seat up this high and now can't lower it... oops! Is there a different lever to lower? Or a trick to the raiser?

Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just push the same lever down.. and of course adjust the steering wheel afterwards to not block your speedometer and rev counter.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
You can adjust the steering wheel to make sure the top of the steering wheel does not block the dash. The lever you used to pump up the height of the seat is the same you would use to lower it. Just pump it downwards.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, the steering wheel is as high as it goes, and I've now put the seat back around where it was!

I prefer the wheel closer to me, but when it's moved closer it blocks the speedo for my other half...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts