2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, we got our 2006 ex 2.2L back in Jan this year, anyway it already had an Ipod lead coming out of the center console, anyway I picked up a Ipod touch this weekend to leave in the car connected and upon connecting it I found that I can skip tracks with the steering wheel controls, it pauses when the phone rings or when we switch to radio or cd and turns on and off with the car. Now I thought with these leads there was no control of the ipod, so any idea's what lead there is fitted?
many thanks for any help you can give.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Probably the standard Honda ipod interface. As long as they connect via the ipod sync port, rather than just an aux cable, they can all control the ipod as far as I'm aware.

What they don't do is show the track info on the screen, the only thing you see in the Audio screen is "Extension"

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply, so all of the leads that use the dock connector do the same things? I was going to track the centre consol out so I could try and find the control box to see if it had jack aux in and usb, is it worth the job doyou think?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Not necessarily. The Honda one just does ipod, but things like the Xcarlink have different models. I've got the xcarlink that does ipod/usb/sd/aux, which I mounted in the armrest compartment to allow easy access to the control unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts