2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I get back in after a cleaning session to hear the mobile ringing...

Turns out some...ahem...bloke in a white van has rear ended my wife's car (the Jazz not the CTR). Oh and our three month old daughter is in the back...

Thankfully no injuries, just got back from the hospital to get Izzy checked over nevertheless as at that age you can't be too careful. She seems fine but we'll be keeping a close watch on her.

So onto the joys of an insurance claim, shouldn't be any fault against us and we'll also have to claim for a new car seat and base just in case the impact weakened it at all.

I just thank my lucky stars it's only the car that's damaged and nobody else (and that includes our beloved van driver, who to be fair was apparently mortified once he knew there was a baby involved...)

Suffice to say I've cracked open a bottle of vino to calm my nerves..

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Ahhh jeeez, glad every ones ok! To be fair every time I see a Jazz ahead all I can think about is ramming it :D

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Glad everyone is ok mate, i know your feelings as mine is in the bodyshop for the same thing.....anyway hope you get it sorted out asap.

all the best.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to read this Nick but glad to read Izzy and your wife are fine.

How old is the Jazz? If it's still within the manufacturers warranty period you can use the Honda Accident Management Scheme for nothing.
Thanks for the suggestion Dimply but she's a bit of an old un, original model on an 04 plate. Damage appears to be limited to boot lid, bumper and possibly rear wheel arches but it's hard to tell. Worry of course is that theres unseen damage underneath so we won't drive it until its been assessed. So the Type R finally gets to be a daddy-mobile!!!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
glad everyone is ok, thats the main thing, metal can be replaced

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Dimply but she's a bit of an old un, original model on an 04 plate. Damage appears to be limited to boot lid, bumper and possibly rear wheel arches but it's hard to tell. Worry of course is that theres unseen damage underneath so we won't drive it until its been assessed. So the Type R finally gets to be a daddy-mobile!!!
Hopefully it will all be sorted out quickly by your insurance company. :)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh jeeez, glad every ones ok! To be fair every time I see a Jazz ahead all I can think about is ramming it :D
Haha respect the Jizzy my friend..!!! Most people get a shock when they see me or the wife behind the wheel as we kinda contradict the average age of the Jazz driver... To be fair though, get over that and it's a decent little runabout, served us well for over five years. Mind you, makes me appreciate my ride all the more...!!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
glad to hear everyone's ok !! had a similar phone call once, scare's the life out of you...

hope you get the car sorted soon,

enjoy the wine !!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Thankfully your family are O.K. and that's what matters, though you really don't need the hassle, but with a rear end shunt, its a no contest - his insurance will pay for it all.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thankfully your family are O.K. and that's what matters, though you really don't need the hassle, but with a rear end shunt, its a no contest - his insurance will pay for it all.
Thanks mate and couldn't agree more. As for the claim yeah that was pretty much the gist of the conversation I had earlier with the insurance co. She has a witness too so almost a certainty that it's all going through him. They were queuing at a roundabout and he assumed she was going to go for a gap, hence the shunt. Luckily he didn't then bump her into anyone else...

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
glad to hear everyone's ok !! had a similar phone call once, scare's the life out of you...

hope you get the car sorted soon,

enjoy the wine !!
Yep very scary and yep the wine is going down a treat thanks..!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to hear that your wife and little daughter are ok. You feel so protective over your children especially when they are so small that things like this shake you up more.
Your are so right Andrea, a while ago I'd have been stressing about the car and the claim etc, but today I couldn't give a stuff, it was all about her. I think the daddy gene is kicking in..!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
glad to hear everything is ok nick 1. that you little one is ok 2. that it isnt your ctr and 3. that it sounds like it should be sorted easy
Thanks Lee, and to everyone else for your kind words

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The main thing is that you are all OK. These white van drivers need shooting, I was walking in Canary Wharf yesterday when a white van pulled out of a side road so fast that he never saw me and two runners closing the road. He almost took out a runner! I would of decked him as he was driving with no due care and attention!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Olas, but glad that, all things considered, it's the best result that could be hoped for in the circumstances. No-one hurt, he pays, should be relatively hassle free claim.

CCC - when and where you were in the Wharf yesterday? I do a regular walk to stretch my legs at work. I could look out for you ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts