2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I picked up my 2.2 iCDTI Sport just over a month ago and was dissapointed when it came with no front foglights. When I ordered it back in december, the website's spec list had it down as coming with foglights, and not as an option.

I've a screenshot of all these pages so I could see what I wsa looking forward to!

When I picked it up the guy just said "The sport doesn't come with front foglights" and that was the end of it. I notice now the website has changed to say "Option" next to this feature, but I know, 100% that this was not the case when I ordered the car.

Had anyone else noticed this, and /or has anyone had anything done about it? One of the reasons I went for sport and not other models was because front foglights were there.

Apart from this, I love everything about the car!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Hi timmons, welcome.

If I remeber rightly when I bought my Civic in March, I decided against getting the sport because after adding all the extras it was going to cost more than a standard ES. By extras I mean auto wipers,lights and front fogs.
Again I could be wrong, my memory is'nt what it use to be... :roll:

·
Registered
87 Posts
The pdf of the brochure that I downloaded at the end of November does state that fog lights are standard on only the ES and EX.

Sounds like the website didn't match.

:?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Welcome Timmons.

In the "Luxury" two book pack in white cover, that I received around

Christmas, the covering letter is undated. But it does state 2005 YM

Spec.

It quite clearly has foglights standard on----2.2EX.2.2ES. 1.8EX. and 1.8

ES. Option on all other models. Sorry. :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Speak to Honda UK- I know my dealer mentioned that they had been sending foglight kits to them to add onto the sport FOC. So I am assuming then, if they're not actually now fitting them as standard, Honda are sending them out if people notice they should come with fogs.

Hope that's clear! :)

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I'd have thought they should be standard on the "Sport" anyway, don't

you ?. The unit cost is probably a pittance.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
In January when I ordered my EX, the fogs were an option on the Sport model. I too decided on the EX because when I put all the goodies onto the Sport it was not economically viable!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys!

Thanks for all your replies and kind welcomes.

Hope to be on these forums a lot after just discovering it - it looks like a great place.

I understand that the Sport technically does not come with the foglights, as you say in the brochures etc it is clearly marked as extras. But as I say one of the reasons I went for Sport is because it specifically said that they were Included, on the website's spec list and I have the screenshot of it to prove that. Had I known they weren't included, i'd probably have either gone for a different model, or paid extra to have them on.

I'll go back to honda and see ifthey knew anything about the foglights being shipped seperately for those customers that asked. Maybe they could do me a good deal on some anyway, as i'd be prepared to pay a little more for them.

Thanks again for weloming me - and I hope that all my other posts will be positive ones, as there are so many positive things about the car!

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
That looks like a royal blue one you have there, timmons.

Only the second one I've ever seen either on the road or in pictures.

The first being mine, of course. :wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You chose a great colour then StGeli!

I too have not seen one the same colour on the roads yet.

My girlfriend lives in Scarborough so ive been north quite a bit, but not seen yours yet, maybe I will soon!

Im living down south now so I won't be intruding on your patch dont worry! lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Asked if Honda would fit them on mine. But it was one of the first models. Registered in November. I bought it as a ex demo model. And they are unwilling to do it. The Dealer said they will look into doing it for me as a good will gesture.

·
Registered
975 Posts
they really do make a big difference but 300 quid is taking the p*** a bit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts