2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
after driving my sprinter barge around for the last 2 years without owning a car aswel, it feelsgood to be back in a honda as this is my 5th. eg6, prelude vtec, dc2 96 spec then an s2000.
not quite what I'd usually go for but the girlfriend will be using it for work so we needed a diesel.
quite surprised how much I like it though. its a 56 plate type s ctdi which has been to mars and back doing 148k but its sooo clean and tight.
got quite a bargain imho at only £3850.
now I knew it was coming but when I test drove the car, I gave the clutch a good hiding and no signs of any slip. then the next day it happened. same as everyone elses. 4th gear clutch slips up to about 2.5 k then drops back down, so just weighing my options up. looks like a cg and a remap popossibly ;) just a bit worried it will be a bit harsh for my mrs everyday driving. anyway im sure you all dont want another diesel clutch debate so will leave it there.

cheers. billy :D

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hi Billy welcome to the site :)

Nice array of cars, was the prelude the one with rear wheel steer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers all
yes mr jp the 4ws one. great car it was but the dc2 was my fave. awesome. id love to get another one one day and do a 2 week trek round Europe. maybe do spa or nurburgring :)

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
:welcome4:...:cool:. I have 150k on my 07 and it still runs sweet. Only major stuff I've had to sort recently is 2 front shocks, droplinks, discs and pads. Quite cheap if you shop around and get someone to fit at a decent price.;)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Welcome along fella

What did you think to the prelude? My mates just got one its a 2.2 v-tec 4 wheel steering ints mad but very smart ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359800268.126044.jpg
My civic ctr and his prelude

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chip. good point. daft question but how do I tell?
it got me thinking when reading about the cg clutch needing more revs and slight judder which it has, but then again it has the 3rd to 4th slip whoch is signs of oem clutch. anyone help would me appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flying start. mine was the other wedge shape before that wedge. lol. yes his is nice, they are an aquired taste but ive got a soft spot for them still. is it motegi?

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Welcome matey....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts