2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 648 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here's my new FN2 bought from Horizon last week, got the train there and over 5 hours driving back but it was totally worth it. Having had a Premier EP3 the last 6 years, i've never been very impressed by the looks of a standard FN2, been slagging it off for years, but having seen Predators Mugen 200 with full mugen bodykit and cars like TDi norths time attack FN2 I decided a while ago that a mugenised FN2 would be my next car. To my surprise, I found this CW looks so much better than I expected even with OEM bumpers, but mainly due to the Enkei PF01 alloys. They may not be to everyone's taste, and the black does not show well in photos at all but it transforms the car IMO with the aggressive spoke design. These weren't actually on the car and were being sold on EBay but I requested that Horizon put them back on and increase the price accordingly. I was very impressed by the condition of the car, 15 mins and I was out the door with the keys, probably the fastest car sale ever.

With my EP3 being 245bhp I knew I wanted something more i.e boosted.
So going back around 3 months ago now, having never even driven an FN2 and obviously I didn't even own one yet, I bought a CT engineering Supercharger with aftercooler on these forums (Thanks to Curtis) Did a lot of research on this charger and considering how rare they are, I had to buy it or I would not get another opportunity. So this will eventually go on the FN2 and I expect to make 340-350bhp and 230ftlbs of torque as it has done on several cars previously. Will get boost by gear setup on there eventually too.

Currently it's got FlashPro, RRC, Mugen TB and a militek non resonated cat back, which is perfect with the OEM header/cat on but I suspect will be too loud with a decat. I'd guess it's around 215bhp or so, still need to upload the groupM map when I figure out how to do it.

So future plans will be a tegiwa cat back and header to compliment the charger, and a stage 1 or 2 clutch to handle the torque. Might get the alloys refurbed eventually as there's some chips. I'll be purchasing type R kits mugen grille, spoiler, front and rear splitters. Would like a mugen bonnet too if I can find one well priced.

So far i've fitted some NHB wing mirror caps bought from Loxy who I owe thanks to for answering my endless questions about the FN2 etc

Crap pics for now but you get the idea. thanks for reading, CSB

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Nice Car,

Is it safe to run the RRC and bigger throttle body on the Gruppe N Map? I always thought that was for race headers and intakes ?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The group n map is for ligh modifications only......will need a custom remap once charger has been fitted

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Oooof!! I like everything in this thread. Good luck with the build buddy, I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Late to the show as usual!

Reactions: nub

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
nubs Champ White FatN2lardy

Thanks guys. It's on a custom tdi north map right now that was done when the car had an induction and tegiwa header fitted. Now these are not on the car and so I figured the group M map may be more suited as I guess it's running quite rich right now? It appears to drive fine though.
Not sure about the mugen TB but I know it's only marginally larger than OEM TB and I would guess without an induction kit the RRC isn't making a lot of difference.
I have a custom map for the charger too which may have a slight variation of mods, but I figured it should be similar enough to run on the car until I can get it remapped at tdi North again.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I bought a CT engineering Supercharger with aftercooler on these forums (Thanks to Curtis) Did a lot of research on this charger and considering how rare they are, I had to buy it or I would not get another opportunity.
Are you talking about something similar to the kits available here? : Civic Si: Supercharger Package

If so, I didn't think they were rare, unless you mean one that's already in the UK? :confused:

(I ask, because I've been looking into S/C for Hondas, specifically the TSX, for a while now and that's the company I was looking at - if they're rare, then I'd be v. keen to know why!! ;))

PS - looking forward to the build... :)

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you talking about something similar to the kits available here? : Civic Si: Supercharger Package

If so, I didn't think they were rare, unless you mean one that's already in the UK? :confused:

(I ask, because I've been looking into S/C for Hondas, specifically the TSX, for a while now and that's the company I was looking at - if they're rare, then I'd be v. keen to know why!! ;))

PS - looking forward to the build... :)

Sorry what I meant was they are rare to purchase second hand, and in the UK as you say, the IMT after cooler even more so. You can still buy the charger and after cooler brand new but who wants to buy brand new at over £4000 I would imagine? I know the IMT after cooler kit is pretty much a grand with import tax etc.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it's CT engineering, there's not too many in the UK, I know of about 3 other people/cars with them but only 1 of these has been aftercooled with the merc racing kit. I've also only ever seen my kit sold on this forum, via 3 or 4 different owners. Also saw one CW for sale in Ireland. No doubt there's a few more that I don't know about but rotrex is the popular choice. I think CT is way better though

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Sorry what I meant was they are rare to purchase second hand, and in the UK ... who wants to buy brand new at over £4000 I would imagine?
Fair one - it does stack up - used to be easier when it was pretty much $2 to the £ :D

No doubt there's a few more that I don't know about but rotrex is the popular choice. I think CT is way better though
I agree - but I can't help thinking part of that is just to hear a S/C whine! :cool:

Best of luck with the project...

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Nice car mate them alloys are very nice, will be a beast with that charger slapped on.

Reactions: nub

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fair one - it does stack up - used to be easier when it was pretty much $2 to the £ :D

I agree - but I can't help thinking part of that is just to hear a S/C whine! :cool:

Best of luck with the project...

Also it gives far more low down and mid range power/torque than Rotrex so it's gonna make an excellent daily driver/cruiser. And yes, the whine:

That's Marcins FN2 who I believe purchased my charger originally.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Real nice FN2... Championship edition a great and rare base car to mod.

I think you will like the FN2...

I know it has been criticised for various reasons in the past but I have had an FN2 before my current EP3. I still think they are great and would defo be happy to have another.

Its close in many ways to an EP3 so I always ignored the critics. I think you are into Honda enough to enjoy it, being charged will be awesome anyway!

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Real nice FN2... Championship edition a great and rare base car to mod.

I think you will like the FN2...

I know it has been criticised for various reasons in the past but I have had an FN2 before my current EP3. I still think they are great and would defo be happy to have another.

Its close in many ways to an EP3 so I always ignored the critics. I think you are into Honda enough to enjoy it, being charged will be awesome anyway!
Thanks Burridge :)

I don't think I would have been satisfied with an FN2 unless it was CW edition or M200. Something about the white on red colour scheme looks rather special IMO. Although I am definitely enjoying being in a more modern car, the steering/handling seems better and it's generally nicer to drive in a different way to the EP3. I guess "refined" is the word. I'm not yet bored of the power despite it feeling quite a bit slower than my EP3. Sad to say but I couldn't go back to my EP3 now after driving this :)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Thanks Burridge :)

I don't think I would have been satisfied with an FN2 unless it was CW edition or M200. Something about the white on red colour scheme looks rather special IMO. Although I am definitely enjoying being in a more modern car, the steering/handling seems better and it's generally nicer to drive in a different way to the EP3. I guess "refined" is the word. I'm not yet bored of the power despite it feeling quite a bit slower than my EP3. Sad to say but I couldn't go back to my EP3 now after driving this :)
Agree that its more refined, maybe harder ride but I improved mine with Tein Springs / FRSU. Also I got the car with 19inch Rages on, changing down to normal 18's made it feel great in comparison.

I also thought the FN2 steering was slightly better, and the chassis felt stiffer which was nice on harder drives.

FN2 interior is a big plus too.

Reactions: phil1962
1 - 20 of 648 Posts