2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner to a Type R FN2 I told my insurance company (Hastings Direct) that it has 5 seat belts when asked but after checking it only has 4 should I ring and tell them will it make any difference?

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
The FN2 is a 4 seater so they may have now flagged your vehicle as special/customised.

As insurance companies look for ways not to pay, I'd give them a call and get this corrected back to OEM. Ensure you log the call or get a new copy of the revised certificate.

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good point I never thought of that, will give them a ring in the morning by the sounds of it it might reduce my premium too.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Agree, FN2 is a 4 seater so would get that amended.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
I've adversely heard of Hastings Direct before when it comes to claim time so definately put them straight.

When you do make the call log the time and date yourself as they should record all calls.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
it might reduce my premium too.
There’s no chance of that happening.
The “how many seats” question is a standard one that all insurance companies ask, but the only difference it could potentially make is in the event of a claim when you have given the wrong answer.
The FK8 is also a 4 seater, and I would assume the FK2 as well.
I have been with Hastings Direct for about 10 years now, but they don’t seem to like the FK8(I changed during my current policy) so I could be moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts