2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the front number plate surround?

I was going to vinyl wrap the grey front panel and it would be a lot easier done if this was off.:D

I took out the 2 screws that hold the number plate on and was hoping they were holding the surround on as well, sadly not, seems to be held with some clips but can't pull it back far enough to see...please don't tell me I need to remove the front bumper. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Im pretty sure its also held on with some high strength double sided tape, maybe hot water poured over it will help release it. Good luck......I just wrenched the plate surround off my old bumper, decided I didn't like it any way and just double sided taped the plate directly to the bumper.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah the 8G was just stuck on as mine nearly fell of a few times lol, this one feels to me like there are clips holding it, might be just a case of a good hard tug...but thought I ask here first. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
The plate surround has two bolts holding it onto the bumper once your remove the reg plate you will see them

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah the 8G was just stuck on as mine nearly fell of a few times lol, this one feels to me like there are clips holding it, might be just a case of a good hard tug...but thought I ask here first. ;)
8G is definitely just held on with double sided tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts