2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Wd40 spray on leave for 5 mins, scrub wipe off most of it before spraying then use a stiff piece of card to remove the excess sticky stuff.
Rinse off with a little washing up liquid.

I wouldn't use solvents but if you do test somewhere it won't be seen first.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jorah

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
It could be worse - at least it's the right way up ;)

Wd40 spray on leave for 5 mins, [...]
I wouldn't use solvents but if you do test somewhere it won't be seen first.
WD40 isn't a solvent?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
If you've used foam sticky pads to glue it on, one trick is to get a length of fishing line and feed it behind the back of the plate and use a sawing action to cut through one at a time. Once you have the place off it should be far easier to remove any excess and re-do the job. Just be careful as you get through the pads that the plate does not fall off unexpectedly and scratch any paint work.

Reactions: Jorah

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Such a nice car too! You've ruined it.. joking, but I am very jealous. The colour is fantastic, I see one round here quite regularly and fall in love.

Is it a petrol or diesel?

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
If you've used foam sticky pads to glue it on, one trick is to get a length of fishing line and feed it behind the back of the plate and use a sawing action to cut through one at a time. Once you have the place off it should be far easier to remove any excess and re-do the job. Just be careful as you get through the pads that the plate does not fall off unexpectedly and scratch any paint work.
+1
if you cant get some fishing line dental floss will do the same job mate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.