2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Just bolted on my supercharger kit (ct engineering) and the mapping is being done by Vit.

I'm on stop now as he's saying my O2 sensor is not working correctly. Apparently it wasn't registering the correct readings.

I have now replaced the Denso OEM primary sensor with another Denso sensor which had the exact same wiring colours, 2 black, 1 blue and 1 white

On start up its fine but after a couple of seconds the idle starts to hunt, reving up and down about 400 rpm.. This continues even when warmed up.. No engine codes.

When we pull the sensor cable out it returns to norm (where the ecu is putting a stock figure) and engine code comes up.

Does anyone have an idea what else this could be? Was running fine on the first 2 maps this past week

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi people,

Just bolted on my supercharger kit (ct engineering) and the mapping is being done by Vit.

I'm on stop now as he's saying my O2 sensor is not working correctly. Apparently it wasn't registering the correct readings.

I have now replaced the Denso OEM primary sensor with another Denso sensor which had the exact same wiring colours, 2 black, 1 blue and 1 white

On start up its fine but after a couple of seconds the idle starts to hunt, reving up and down about 400 rpm.. This continues even when warmed up.. No engine codes.

When we pull the sensor cable out it returns to norm (where the ecu is putting a stock figure) and engine code comes up.

Does anyone have an idea what else this could be? Was running fine on the first 2 maps this past week
have you tried giving it a good run, is new sensor genuine one for sure, there are few counterfeit ones floating around from china and they are proper rubbish. have you run a volt meter off the return wire to ecu, it should change voltage when rev car, or should be able to read them off eobd scanner on live data,
lamda sensor wires are all part of calibration when made, so no joins or dirty connectors will send them off. whats the state of the second sensor and its wiring..

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Mike it's a freshly installed supercharger that's not mapped .

A good run as you put it will blow it up .

OP you swapped the primary sensor yes ?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not an air leak as when i disconnect the sensor (while running) the car reverts back to a known figure and stops hunting.

I have just ordered a new OEM sensor £260. After doing a lot more research I think it may be the fact i have a slightly different type of sensor.

Yes it's the primary sensor as you can tell by the price :(

It's sending info to the ecu as the datalog shows a AFR of 29 rather than 14 odd.

Not a MAF sensor as I'm running a MAP so i actually no longer have a MAF

Cheers for the replies

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I mean did you actually swap the primary unit and not the secondary by mistake.

It should of had a blue plug iirc.

29 is well dead :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts