2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
??? the link takes you to bluetooth interface for the OBD II, which just transmits the info to a compatible reader ..... whats that got to do with a flashpro???
I just had a quick look and saw a lot of the same info that the flashpro can adjust and hoped that this much cheaper piece of gear could not do the same adjustments is all

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I just had a quick look and saw a lot of the same info that the flashpro can adjust and hoped that this much cheaper piece of gear could not do the same adjustments is all
no mate, these cheaper devices only read. As you rightly said the only way you can adjust the ECU is by Flashpro or similar

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thats good what a kick in the balls that would be if this device costing a fraction of the price could be used to tune the car ..... well only for us that have bought a flashpro/kpro etc for future tuners that would be a godsend lol

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, but the question remains. Do they work on Civic '06?

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Making a connection to the ODBII, in whatever way, does not mean you're able to reprogram the ECU. There's lots more involved.
It like thinking when you can plug in a network cable, you can hack the internet...

K.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Making a connection to the ODBII, in whatever way, does not mean you're able to reprogram the ECU. There's lots more involved.
It like thinking when you can plug in a network cable, you can hack the internet...

K.
well i would like to be abel to see whats wrong with the engine and so on-theres no need for me to reprogram the ECU-and for "looking" these bluetooth OBD II adapters should work!

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
I think the first thing to do is a bluetooth discovery with your PC to see if you can detect the ODBII device. When it detects, you can connect to it but then you need a device driver to run some kind of service over the bluetooth connection. And after that you need some software that uses this service to collect some ODBII data. There is some freeware around that can collect general ODBII data, but most car makers use extra (non-standard) commands for their proper ODBII-stuff.

So:
1. Bluetooth connection
2. Service over bluetooth (probably "serial port" in this case)
3. ODBII software that uses this serial port for connection

Hope this helps.

K.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
If the ODBII connector has bluetooth there is a program for my Sammy android phone called tracker that can talk to it.

Got it via 4shared.com Frrreeee :popcorn2:

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
if you have an iphone* its less hassle if you buy a OBD2 wifi adapter, android phones will work fine with the bluetooth ones.

to answer your original question yes it is possible to connect one othe OBD2 devices to your 06 civic.

(*its possible to get iphones to work with an OBD2 bluetooth adapter but you need to have a jailbroken phone running roqyBT4 (look on cydia) which is 5Euros and dooesn't work well on ios 5.0.1)

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RoqyBT works well on IOS 4.3.3
I have managed to work it with DashCommand but not yet with Rev.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you use it on Iphone? Can you also measure fuel consumption?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And how do we find all these parameters for FK2?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I found them on the site wiki (specifications) here's my settings (fk2) a lot will be the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some values as: MAP PID, Lambda PID calculated, drag coefficients.... need correction. Also i think gear ratios are not the same as final drive ratios. So where do we find them?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts