2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I want to get a good one that can do live update readings at a good speed and then i can use the android app "Torque" and see the live data.
Both the Bluetooth and wifi adaptors mentioned on this thread work well and provide live data. I had the Bluetooth one first and worked well with torque (about the only app that did on android ;) )

·
Registered
425 Posts
Which adapter, what phone and what app? let us know and we will try assist.
Cheapo ELM327 from eBay using Torque with Android on a Samsung Galaxy S. Picked up both my old Fords and the other half's Toyota but I get cannot connect to ECU with my Civic.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Cheapo ELM327 from eBay using Torque with Android on a Samsung Galaxy S. Picked up both my old Fords and the other half's Toyota but I get cannot connect to ECU with my Civic.
Before I got my iPhone set up, I used the bluetooth ebay jobby with torque on my girlfriend X10 OK.. IIRC it was a bit fiddly to set up and i can't remember why lol...

Have you paired the adaptor to the phone OK?

Also, you need to select you adaptor in the Torque app before it will work. Open Torque, press the menu key, then "more": settings : device. It should display the name for the ELM (mine was 'CBT', press it and done.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My phone connects to the adapter fine. It's getting power through the OBD socket. It just won't connect to the ECU.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep. Torque has the status indicators at the top on the main menu showing a connection to my phone but the car icon just keeps flashing and eventually the error message "cannot connect to ECU" comes up.

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
I have the very same OBDII adapter that xxDIABLOxx shows in his post, and I use a Galaxy S1 with Torque, works nicely.
What do the LEDs show on your OBDII dongle when you plug it in? (If it has any LEDs, that is.)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Same dongle. I'll clear all the settings in Torque and give it another go. Strange! The lights just flash slowly side to side

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Will these bluetooth adaptors work in an EX which already has been bluetooth paired with a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy), for making/receiving telephone calls?

I'm not really current with these things.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Will these bluetooth adaptors work in an EX which already has been bluetooth paired with a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy), for making/receiving telephone calls?

I'm not really current with these things.
Yes I have my android devices connected to both the cars BT phone system & the OBD reader at the same time.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts