2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody successfully installed the Torque app onto their connect unit?
I've found a OBD reader that shuts off when car turned unlike some which continue to drain battery. It's a Bluetooth one. But I have a iPhone 7 so cannot install Torque on my phone as it's a android app I could buy a android pad or phone but don't want extra cost. Lots of apps for iPhone but it's finding a decent OBD reader that's doesn't drain battery or at worst bugger my car up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Yes, It can be installed just the same as any other 3rd party app using the various workarounds, and then just connect to bluetooth - Usually the most patience-testing part.

Have you already installed 3rd Party apps, if not, do you know what software version your headunit is on at the moment? RC6 / RC8?

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. Still trying to work out cheapest way of purchasing Torque app. Getting software onto a USB stick so I can install it.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is the OBD reader I've been looking at. States for iPhone use. Low power drain important when car turned off and left for a week or so. Don't want to be continuously pulling it out/in/out etc. Obviously will only work with apps for iPhone and is a Bluetooth connection. My only concern is would my phone still be able to make/receive calls/music via Bluetooth or would it be one or the other. Wifi connection is the other choice but I've read Bluetooth seems to gives better connect ability. For Torque I'd have added expense of buying android tablet/phone plus car power cables etc.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,311 Posts
I have the ELM327 and it does not work for the 2015 1.6 I-DTEC. In fact, have bought a few readers and nothing seems to work. Foxwell don't offer anythng either that works on mine as I've emailed them a few times to see if the situation has changed. If anyone out there knows of one that will work on mine you could let me know.

Tried the Apple Torque app and that didn't work, also tried the Android Torque version and all that did was let me know eng temp etc, wouldn't let me look at codes or anything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have ELM327 and it works well with torque pro.

When engine is on, enable BT in phone then plug ELM to OBD "on live". Wait few sec then pair with phone.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you want to use an Apple phone then a cheap ELM-327 device wont work

You need something that supports Bluetooth 4.0, there are plenty available on Amazon, about 15 quid when I looked last week.

It's an Apple restriction, nothing to do with Honda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts