2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm looking for a reasonably priced OBD2 reader that'll be able to read my wheel speed sensors as I've got an ABS/VSA warning light on my Mk8.....checked and there's no snapped cables so trying to determine which one has gone.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm quite sure the Autel AP200 would do what you need.

The Honda module is able to read all systems (ABS, SRS etc.) on my 10G - Should work perfectly for you too; and they're only about £40. - Not bad for the functionality.
Do you know the best place to buy them from please? eBay? Amazon?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm getting either an iCarsoft 1.0 or 2.0 for Honda. As I've used their readers for a VW and it's worked perfectly. They're sold on eBay.

Did order a Foxwell last November but the manufacturer basically messed me around, it was in transit for a month but actually stuck in Germany. They ignored my numerous emails and thankfully PayPal refunded me.

The Autel AP200 is meant to be good as a lot swear by it but it might depend on what device you own for it to tether to, have read of some people's phones and tablets not playing ball with it. That's lead me towards a stand alone device.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting either an iCarsoft 1.0 or 2.0 for Honda. As I've used their readers for a VW and it's worked perfectly. They're sold on eBay.

Did order a Foxwell last November but the manufacturer basically messed me around, it was in transit for a month but actually stuck in Germany. They ignored my numerous emails and thankfully PayPal refunded me.

The Autel AP200 is meant to be good as a lot swear by it but it might depend on what device you own for it to tether to, have read of some people's phones and tablets not playing ball with it. That's lead me towards a stand alone device.
Will the iCarsoft read ABS/VSA faults on my Gen 8? Also I'm running Android - Samsung Note 10+

Many thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
I don't have mine yet, I'm waiting to get paid again :censored: Don't see why not as the VW one I had literally read everything including central locking, airbag and engine errors.

Others say the Autel AP200 bluetooth one does everything if your device likes Autel's software.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I have the Autel AP200 and can confirm it works on the 8G. I’ve tried it on a Samsung galaxy s10 and also on the iPhone. You get one vehicle manufacturer free for lifetime. I paid £60 a couple of months ago from amazon but it looks like they’ve taken it up to £75 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
You could test the sensors with a multimeter.

I did this on my EP3 type r last year when i had a failed sensor and it worked well for me to identify what sensor was wonky tbh.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Hi all!

I'm looking for a reasonably priced OBD2 reader that'll be able to read my wheel speed sensors as I've got an ABS/VSA warning light on my Mk8.....checked and there's no snapped cables so trying to determine which one has gone.

Thanks in advance
where you based if close could scan it for you

·
Super Moderator
2,539 Posts
On the 8G it's usually the rear driver's side that goes, suspect that one first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts