2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I'm not aware of that one specifically, however i have tried two completely different models with the Torque app and both worked well.

As long as it connects to your car and the Bluetooth device then you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
obd2

Thank you this module has a wake up ,don't need the power on button and won't drain the battery.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Hello Grayfox after you start the car DO you have to power on the obd2 module?
The module is powered 24/7 as it takes power from pin16 which is battery power.

on those cheap ELM327s I had to remove and reinsert and pair mutliple times because it was one of those cheap ones.

I currently have a icar3 Vgate(Black) and it does come in multiple colors too.
With this one I have to remove and reinsert but my phone just connects to it and it is easier to remove and reinsert whilst driving and have it connect instantly

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drain

Ahh this module OBDlink has drained the battery after 4 days so i wil return it.
Is it possible to buy a module what can stay in the car without draining the battery?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
:dito: I also have one with an on/off switch and it stays in place powered down with no issues.

Occasionally it gets flicked on and is easily within reach.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Makes sense to have one with an on/off switch then :) Have ordered the one linked above to use with Torque. Just to satisfy my curiosity lol!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it is,but now i cut the 12 volt line( pin 16) and tapped the 12 volt from the sigaret lighter ...

·
CTR
538 Posts
What's the best app to use with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
CTR
538 Posts
Nice one, thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone managed to get the ELM327 bluetooth modules to pair with an iPhone?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts