2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an obdII cable and had a cd with it but couldn`t find the way to read the ecu. (Galletto 1260 ECU Remap chip Flasher EOBD2 OBDII OBD2 | eBay) I have a windows7 version and the seller told me it is fine with it. but couldn`t manage to connect it to the laptop. The cable is ok from under the dash but I think do not have the right program for it. Anyone knows from were I can download a good one and knows how to use it please, thanks in advance James.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Right click on the program and click "Properties", then click "Compatability" and select "Run in Windows XP Compatability" mode.

This should cure your issue, also make sure you run the program as administrator.

HTH

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just bought an obdII cable and had a cd with it but couldn`t find the way to read the ecu. (Galletto 1260 ECU Remap chip Flasher EOBD2 OBDII OBD2 | eBay) I have a windows7 version and the seller told me it is fine with it. but couldn`t manage to connect it to the laptop. The cable is ok from under the dash but I think do not have the right program for it. Anyone knows from were I can download a good one and knows how to use it please, thanks in advance James.
I had also same problems like you. Putted also like Administrator and XP compatibility mode and didnt worked... tried to put driver on few more ways but nothing... I was lazy to trieing more and fastest was to put in W7 "Windows XP Mode". If you have OEM W7 that is easy, just type that in google and find out...there you will use it with no problems..
But as I saw also on W7 working to someone, but I done it on this way...

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
have you installed the Galetto 1260 software?

or have you managed to download your map from the car and you are now trying to open your map??

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
There are some free ones you can download but not sure how good they really are... Are you looking to self map your car?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are some free ones you can download but not sure how good they really are... Are you looking to self map your car?

I just would like to know how it works, i won`t remap it myself :) If you can tell me a name of an application I can use and I would like an application that reads the ecu like rpm g-sensors bhp while driving. Do you know from were I can dowload one please and thanks for the help in advance. Kind regards James

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
the galletto cable wont read the rpms etc from ehat ive tried, if you get a diagnostics cable with say PCMscan that will allow you to monitor your revs and various sensors.

try searching for software called ECUFLASH i think i tried this before and was able to open maps to view them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts