2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the OBDII Interface Plug is located?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The OBD2 plug is under the right (in the european) of the steering. I have an OBD2 scan interface but with this Civic don't work!! :confused: It's works on Renault Megane TDI, Fiat Ducato TDI, Celica T23 TS but....not Civic!! :mad: What's wrong? I think thant the protocol is different...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post but can you tell me what pins are populated on your OBD port?
All the old Hondas were ISO 9141-2 meaning you had a pin at 4, 5, 7, 15, and 16.
I suspect however that the new Civic will be using a new CAN bus.
In which case you will also find pins at 6 and 14.

These of course are just the standard pinouts, manufacturers are given spare positions for their own uses.

Oh, and hello Civic owners.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know this is an old post but can you tell me what pins are populated on your OBD port?
All the old Hondas were ISO 9141-2 meaning you had a pin at 4, 5, 7, 15, and 16.
I suspect however that the new Civic will be using a new CAN bus.
In which case you will also find pins at 6 and 14.
Correct. I have a VitalScan Bluetooth OBD adapter and www.mobilscan.dk software for my mobile.

It tells me that it uses EOBD and the bus is ISO 15765-4 CAN to communicate with the Civic

·
Registered
104 Posts
Would this interface allow changes to car settings? not just engine diagnostics? or is there another honda specific interface for this?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Possibly...

In Audis, yes, definately - you can change all sorts of fun stuff - locking doors one at a time, deciding if dash lights are always on - that sort of stuff.

If we ever get software which can read the Civ ECU, it might be possible to do the same sort of thing :D

Not yet though :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would this interface allow changes to car settings? not just engine diagnostics? or is there another Honda specific interface for this?
With current software? No. Read standard sensors and clear fault codes.
The rest of the pins are to the manufacturers disposition.

·
Registered
975 Posts
wow i wish we could have this is there a firm we could ask to make it or something etc?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
The wildly renowned firm that does Audis is VAGTech - but unfortunately the name is a bit of a give away that they don't do Hondas :(

·
Registered
975 Posts
this kind of thing would be dream and especially to have the door locks back, why take it away such a pain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts