2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Asked this before but don't think I got a definitive answer. Does anyone out there have a Diagnostics Scanner that works for the 9G 1.6 DERV? I've tried about 3 or 4 cheap ones now and none of which work at all. Something that can clear ECU Codes, ABS and SRS. One with DPF Regen would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite.

I don't mind paying a few quid but at the same time don't want to start spending thousands on the HDS System. I've seen HDS software and wire kits for the Lap Top from China but they say for the Acura so I'm assuming the software is for the USA.

Looked at Foxwell but they have that many it's a Minefield out there and when you actually ask Foxwell if it is compliant with the 9G Civic DERV, you get a vague answer even though it is advertised as Honda comparable.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Neil.

·
Super Moderator
2,259 Posts
the place I bought my foxwell nt630 from via amazon said if it did not work on my 8g they would take it back and refund
if your ever in cumbria your welcome to try mine on it
I don't see why it wouldn't work on 9g

or if you wait a few weeks I might have a 9g off my own to try it on

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the offer, been down your way twice to Carlisle recently too... I'll wait and see if anyone else has had any luck on the 9G Derv or like you say, you may have one in a few weeks.
If not I'll be doing a Booze Cruise over the border for Xmas drink to Carlisle for me and the family so may get in touch before then :wink3:

·
Super Moderator
2,259 Posts
im about a hour away in normal (tractor ) traffic or 30 mins if I go on bike
I have friends in Carlisle so I do visit now and then

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 8 of 8 Posts