2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed that when I had the temp control set on 22 in my car (not on A/C) the air was freezing, I turned it up to 26 and it stayed the same, then we started messing around with it with the a/c on etc different settings and the air stayed freezing until about 26 then went cold until it hit "high" then it was boiling. It did this all day on every journey, I sat outside the house at one point for about 20 mins and the air stayed cold, I also did a 25 min journey with it at 27 all the way and it was cold.

I called my dealership and made sure they knew how unhappy I was about it and they said they would look at it tomorrow for me and sent a courtesy car to my home, when the man from Honda got in the car to have a look the air con worked perfectly :oops: I took it for a long drive afterwards and played around with it on my driveway for about 30 mins and it now appears to be working normally!

Either I now have an intermittent fault (god I hope not :roll: ) or somehow it has adjusted itself - time will tell I guess.

And yes I am becoming sad and obsessed :lol:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
time to enjoy

I think you should give it a week or more and try to forget the past and then review it then.
Because i have driven myself and the dealers distributors mad about problems and at the end of the day they have had your money and don't care.
Yesterday collected car from dealer after they fitted new side and rear mouldings still not right but better.
Bought some alloy wheel cleaner trying to get rid of brake dust and then find some minor damage to one of the alloy wheels.
So have been informed by wife IGNORE AND ENJOY we are not going there again.
It took me 3 years to find a replacement for my last vehicle because everthing i tried just was not worth the effort of changing. The civic is not perfect but i am giving it a chance

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Sometimes auto climate sytstems do odd things (though this does seem very odd). It will always try to combat the conditions inside the car (measured by the air sensor by the steering wheel and the sun sensor on the dash) by blowing very cold even if the measured temp is just a bit above the requested temp.

If the sun was shining on your air sensor (possible with a low sun in the morning) then this will fool it into thinking it was hot in the car. The air sensor also only really works well when the air inside the car is being stirred up by movement of the car (so best not to test when stopped). Also expect icy blasts when sun lands on the sun sensor.

Was it a suuny morning?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was sunny with a few cloudy bits, but when I drove it in the afternoon for 25 mins it was quite cloudy and still very cold at 27! I left it on 27 just to prove to myself that it was definately broken.

I will test it everytime I drive it for next few days I guess.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey im not mad :D

The climate control is broken it would seem, I drove it to the dealers today took 30 mins it was 23 outside and I had the temp set to 28 and it blew cold air all the way. I even tried to fool it by covering the sun sensor. A technician had a quick look and although he doesnt know what the problem is he confirmed that it is definately not working correctly :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts