2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
aka Brilliantsportyblue
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm looking to replace my alloy wheels with an aftermarket alloys that are to oem spec.

Can anybody give a definitive answer as to what specification alloys the 9G Civic will accept???

I have these oem alloys which are: 16 x 6.5 et45 PCD?
2006 - 2015 GENUINE HONDA CIVIC 16" INCH ALLOY WHEEL 42700-TA9-E91 | eBay

I would like to upgrade to 18 x 7.5 e.g. the same size spec as Honda's aftermarket 18" Inferno Alloys

What ET tolerance will my 9G accept (without playing with spacers etc)? Do i have to stick to et45?

What PCD are 9G alloy wheels. 114pcd? 114.3pcd (like the older civic)? or 115pcd? There seems no obvious answer to this across the web.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Almost everything you have put in your post is correct.

The OEM alloys on the wife's 1.8 ES-T are 16x6.5 ET55 and the PCD is 114.3.

I've test fitted some 8G Type S alloys, the 5 spoke ones, which are 17x7 ET45 and they just clear on the insides although it is close, so I'm putting spacers on them when they go on it winter.

I find this site helps.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

You have a bit of room to play with on the outside of the wheel but not much on the inside.

·
aka Brilliantsportyblue
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, really appreciated.

Is it correct that the 'larger' the offset number the more inwards the wheel sits in the wheel arch and closer to the suspension strut etc the wheel will be?

E.g. it is in my interest, if my wheel width is going from 16x6.5 (et45) to 18x7.5 (et50) to steer clear of that wheel and find a wheel that is 18x7.5 (et42) so the extra width wont clash with anything (Fox Racing MS006).

e.g. Et42 will mean my wheel is 3mm further out than et45.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anyone know how much space there is on the inside from the stock ET50 17x7?

Just can't let go of the idea of fitting the 8G type-R Rage alloys which are 19x8 Et55

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I'm putting the 17" Type S alloys on the 9g, but to be safe sticking 15mm spacers on.

Edit: specs are in my post above. They don't seem to catch but I've not driven far on them. Spacers move them out to very close to OEM clearances.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Does 17 inch or bigger make that much difference to ride and mpg or is that more to do with tyre brand ?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Centre bore on Subaru wheels is 56.1, it is 64.1 on the Civic, so without getting the centre of the wheels milled out you won't get them on the hubs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, did anybody tried if 8g 17" alloys fits on 9g?
They are 17x7j 55, the offset is 5 mm more then the original according to specs...

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Yes. I've got a set on the wife's car at the minute. The 17" alloys from the Type S.

They fit fine and no rubbing noticed as of yet.

It's not the alloy that is going to rub. It is the 225/45 R17 tyre that would rub as it is 20mm wider (10mm each side) than the OEM 205s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, alloy is ok but tyre could rub?
anybody tried them with tyre on?
I could buy a spare set for winter and i'd prefer to be sure than nothing will rub.
I tryed to phone honda contact center but they could not give me information...
Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Yes, I've go them with the tyres on strangely enough!

It will be dark by the time I get home, but I will get some pictures of the clearance on Sunday. Like I said, no rubbing yet, none on full lock in either direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
8g with 7 spoke wheel just mounted on my brand new civic. As Loxy said, no rubbing, they fit fine. i'm just a little worried about wheel aligment, let's see after a few km how will be the tyre counsumption.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
(Yes it needs a clean)

8G Type S wheels on the 9G

17x7J ET55 if I recall correctly. Tyres are 225/45 R17.

Plenty of clearance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts