2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious. What brand of battery do Honda Civics roll out of the factory with? Is it Yuasa ones?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I was just wondering because mine has a Yuasa one, (I think) so I'm trying to work out if it's the original battery or not. I also have a 2012 but it's a 1.8

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cool. I was just wondering because mine has a Yuasa one, (I think) so I'm trying to work out if it's the original battery or not. I also have a 2012 but it's a 1.8
I have a 2012 1.8 petrol and mine has the Varta EFB battery, the one fitted from new by Honda. Is your Yuasa an EFB battery? If you have Start/Stop it should be I believe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's a stop start, I'm actually going to go and have a look and see what it is. It'll be getting replaced with a Yuasa one in the summer anyway.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, yeah, it's a Varta one. Shows how much attention I pay to it! So odds are it's due for a change as it'll be coming up for 6 years old this year.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay, yeah, it's a Varta one. Shows how much attention I pay to it! So odds are it's due for a change as it'll be coming up for 6 years old this year.
Hehe, they are quite covered so it's a little tricky to tell by just glancing. I'm in the exact same situation as you then, with having the original battery which is coming up to 6 years old. I have actually been keeping a very close eye on the voltage of mine and charging it at least once every month with my CTEK charger as mine tends to be a little low on the voltage side now. It doesn't help that I do very low mileage at the moment. I'll probably fit a new battery in the Spring or Summer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
battery type

I bought a battery about year ago for my 2012 Civic 2.2 diesel from a Honda Dealer (COX) on line and the price across the whole of the Honda range was £59.00 including carriage. Don't ask me what the rational was, but it was a gift. It may have changed by now (2018)

It was a heavy duty Varta (75 AH if I remember correctly).

In contrast I bought a 60 AH battery for a 1.6 Toyota yesterday and it cost £80.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts