2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have just purchased a 2012 1.8ES Civic with a radio that as what i believe Bluetooth incorporated for hands free calling. I have had a look around and have found the Connects2 full facia fitting kit that i am going to use to fit a Sony XAV-AX555OD that i currently have in my Audi ..I will be using a window mounted DAB and also the units own Mic what i would like help with is the Bluetooth module oem as the connects2 instructions mentions connecting this ,as my new HU will have its own BT can i take it i can leave the OEM BT alone ..Any help would be appreciated .Thanks(below is what it's telling me to connect)
. Next, connect the Bluetooth connector on the loom (32 pin, brown/black wires) to the vehicle. Firstly, disconnect the OEM Bluetooth connector from the Bluetooth module in the vehicle, and plug the 32 pin connector straight into the OEM connector to bypass the module.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, i have managed to my HU up and running today using the Connects2 fitting kit didn't take me as long as i thought it would so i had some time to fit new front focal access series 165 AS component speakers ..I believe that the rear are Co-ax which is fine as i have a pair Focal 6.5 165 AS series that i had in my old car does anyone know if the rear are the same fitting and size as the front .Thanks

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Hi, i have managed to my HU up and running today using the Connects2 fitting kit didn't take me as long as i thought it would so i had some time to fit new front focal access series 165 AS component speakers ..I believe that the rear are Co-ax which is fine as i have a pair Focal 6.5 165 AS series that i had in my old car does anyone know if the rear are the same fitting and size as the front .Thanks
awesome, well done buddy, not sure tbh and be sure to whack pictures up, Connects2 gear is good tbh.

·
Registered
2012, Honda Civic
7 Posts
Hi

Did you get it working?

The connects BT grey connector needs to be connected to the wiring loom from old honda BT module and then you will get the steering wheel buttons to work.
The original honda BT module is behind the glove box.
If you drop down the glove box by pressing the sides in and it will allow it to lower more and get better access to BT module.

It is if I remember correctly a black box fixed up in the dash, if you look up into the glove box opening you should see it.
Disconnect the original cable connector and then plug the connects2 connector with the 2 wires onto that and the swc should now work.
Depending on New HU you might have to go through some learning process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts