2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a CTR CW who decided to change OEM bucket seats with some lighter after market.
Does anyone know if this will create a signal warning,i guess so, and how to deal with it?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have a friend with a CTR CW who decided to change OEM bucket seats with some lighter after market.
Does anyone know if this will create a signal warning,i guess so, and how to deal with it?
The seat has a pressure sensor, the system reacts to it being activated, while the seat belt 'circuit' is open ...

Should be enough to disconnect the cable(s) to the pressure sensor and tape \ tuck them away safely, to avoid the 'seat belt unfastened' warning ...

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seat has a pressure sensor, the system reacts to it being activated, while the seat belt 'circuit' is open ...

Should be enough to disconnect the cable(s) to the pressure sensor and tape \ tuck them away safely, to avoid the 'seat belt unfastened' warning ...
this is the easy part and i figure it out but i think that there are more to the seats than the seatbelts like passenger presence seat sensor-side airbags and seatbelt tensioners.

when he replace the seats i let you know what warnings will come on and maybe i'll ask for further assistance if needed.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
You have to get a resistor, that you'd plug in to make the car think the OEM seat (resultant air-bags etc.) ares still in use/intact; that will ensure the light stays off.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
\out of curiosity, what seats would you change to?
Fixed Light-wight Buckets, adjustable Light-weight buckets... Recaro's, Brides - depends on how serious you are, or alternatively, how much money you like to waste...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello
i would like to put also aftermark bucket seats, so 2ohm resistor is ok? Airbag are still working good? And about the rail aftermark seats are difficults for installation?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts