2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the boat Thursday night to give the car a run...

Hopefully go for a good meal then head down Friday morning to a little car museum MANOIR AUTOMOBILE DU VILLAGE DE LOHEAC and subject to time permiting a bit of karting finished off by a visit to top up the wine rack then back home in time for tea on Friday...:D

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Make sure you take both parts of your license, V5C (don't leave in car), a high vis, a breathalyser, headlight correctors and a set of bulbs. Enjoy!:cool:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
On the boat Thursday night to give the car a run...

Hopefully go for a good meal then head down Friday morning to a little car museum MANOIR AUTOMOBILE DU VILLAGE DE LOHEAC and subject to time permiting a bit of karting finished off by a visit to top up the wine rack then back home in time for tea on Friday...:D
If your off to Loheac they are starting to do arrive and drive in your own car round the track :)

Make sure you take both parts of your license, V5C (don't leave in car), a high vis, a breathalyser, headlight correctors and a set of bulbs. Enjoy!:cool:
You will also need a warning triangle and a fire extinguisher (just a small one)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I try to go over as often as time allows (which is not enough!) so already tooled up, but thanks for the feedback...

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Love trips like this... Sort of thing we do quite often :) have a great time!

Btw fire extinguisher is not compulsory in France (but won't hurt having one) and breathalysers will be compulsory from July.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
If your off to Loheac they are starting to do arrive and drive in your own car round the track :)

You will also need a warning triangle and a fire extinguisher (just a small one)
The civic has a triangle ready? I'm not sure the extinguisher is compulsory for small vehicles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmm I wish I could take my 9th on a trip like that already, its such a smooth machine for long trips :) I'm just stuck in traffic to work for the next few months...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love trips like this... Sort of thing we do quite often :) have a great time!

Btw fire extinguisher is not compulsory in France (but won't hurt having one) and breathalysers will be compulsory from July.
Yes, spontaneous are the best, only made my mind up on Monday as trying to catch a good weather break... Hopefully...;)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Yes, spontaneous are the best, only made my mind up on Monday as trying to catch a good weather break... Hopefully...;)
P&O do an offer from time to time of a day trip for £19 including 6 bottles of wine (drinkable.. Just) and 2 for 1 breaky... Which is a bargain IMHO and a great opportunity to stock up on wines an beers... Have nice meal and drive in the French country side :top:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P&O do an offer from time to time of a day trip for £19 including 6 bottles of wine (drinkable.. Just) and 2 for 1 breaky... Which is a bargain IMHO and a great opportunity to stock up on wines an beers... Have nice meal and drive in the French country side :top:
With a car?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
We were considering going for a week on Friday (half term), but the forecast stinks next week for pretty much all France...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we had great day out, the drivers seat was a comfortable place to be, little bit of wind noise coming from the door mirror area and notice that Honda has issued a bulletin on this, so think will need to get sorted before my next French in July...

Anyway, just a couple of pics from the car museum, sorry about the quality, taken on phone, may post some better ones at some stage...

Attachments

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
little bit of wind noise coming from the door mirror area and notice that Honda has issued a bulletin on this
I get this from my car. Only noticed it after I fitted my Team Hekko deflectors though...

Do you have a link to this bulletin by any chance?

P.s. Looks like you had a great trip. Nice photo's :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That museum looks really good think I might have to go there myself
Yes, been there a few times over the years and everyone who goes is impressed. It's in what I call a "one horse town" but talk about petrol heads!

Just talk a look at loheac france - Google Maps and see how many tracks are there!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Dont for get to switch your dash to KM from miles, its a great feature on the Civic.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Yes, been there a few times over the years and everyone who goes is impressed. It's in what I call a "one horse town" but talk about petrol heads! Just talk a look at loheac france - Google Maps and see how many tracks are there!
Lucky sod - living on the Channel Islands means you can have the best of both Worlds - means you can easily access Froggie food and wine, without actually having to suffer the arrogant \ condescending buggers full-time ! ...

(This of course does not include French CIVINFO members :p) ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts