2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I've been to check a couple of places here in London but they don't inspire a lot confidence. Do you guys know any member who have done colour coded their cars here in the big smog?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
i have had a quote of £600 today!! paint must have gone up in price! anyone know a good place to go at a decent prce in south yorkshire area?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The garage owner said £480 for labour, £120 for the paints. He said that, they will even everything out i.e. re-touch certain part of the body and polish the whole car. So I assume I will give the keys and they will sort everything out.

So I'm not sure what and how the other people had there colour coded done.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Im sure you guys can find cheaper,keep looking! :p
Even if it cost you £100 pound in fuel to go where mine was done,will be still cheaper than £600 quotes,lol! :p:p:worms:

Im going to keep shopping round. the thing im worried about is doing it on cheap and the paint peeling after a yr! i thought about £250 would be about right but my ussual guy has say £600 which is not an option :facepalm:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
walton11, my thought exactly! I don't want to do it on the cheap as well, it might not come out as come as well as i would like....

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
walton11, my thought exactly! I don't want to do it on the cheap as well, it might not come out as come as well as i would like....
exactly, it could ruin the car and need new trim all round, and judging by the price i have paid for on bit of arch trim that would be an expensive venture! we need a recomended body shop who has done the civic trim before really

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Its a way from London mate near Lichfield in staffordshire but Romech did my bumper,arch and rear quarter when i had a little bump, came to about £200 i think. They did a cracking job and there not rip off merchants. Its 2 blokes in a barn that has a proper paint booth.

You go to someone who has a big shiny garage and lots of space with lots of people working there, they will charge you a premium. There job is not always the best.

i know its a bit far but there is a train station in Shenstone which will get you to birmingham back to london.

I would highly recommend these blokes.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Well it took them a couple of days as getting paint right and everything. Had them do some work on my 350z as well and that was pucker

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts