2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
It could be a sticky caliper and if its the back then I can see why would would assume its the handbrake.
Sticky caliper added to the list! lol, thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I had mine replaced on my 08my but wasn't told by the garage, afterwards there was so much play in it it felt like it would come off in my hand, took it to another dealership who told me I had had a new one put on but it was a faultly part so have now had a second replacement.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Concerning the 08MY handbrake, I have checked my car on the Honda recall section of their website, and my car needs no recall work.

The car was built May-June 08 if that's any help.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Any car could have an issue. There is not a recall on any MY08 models but you may well find that some handbrakes are working as they are meant to.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
08 My cars all had the revised parts in at build. If the brakes are 'grabbing' or giving the sensation of then i'd assume its either a sticker caliper as summised before or possibly the previous issue of discs/pads cooling and or sticking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
handbrake

Hi all i was given when i bought my type r in march was a leaflet telling me how to apply the handbrake and not to push the release button when applying the handbrake , should i contact my dealer anyone ?:confused:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi all i was given when i bought my type r in march was a leaflet telling me how to apply the handbrake and not to push the release button when applying the handbrake , should i contact my dealer anyone ?:confused:
Yes, you should contact your dealer who will be able to tell you if the work has been done or not. If it hasn't they can book your car in and carry out the work.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought an 06 Civic as a second hand one from Uk and right now it's being imported to Malta. Will I be eligible to change this handbrake at HondaMalta and how would I know if if may be already changed, how can I know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, first visit to forum to see if there was any reason why my son's new 59reg civic should have decided to park itself against a bollard when the handbrake was firmly fixed on. Have to say I am concerned to read the posts. Fortunately no damage,local dealer unable to take a look today, Honda Support recommend going back to the dealers later this week.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts