61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Thanks mate :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all, first visit to forum to see if there was any reason why my son's new 59reg civic should have decided to park itself against a bollard when the handbrake was firmly fixed on. Have to say I am concerned to read the posts. Fortunately no damage,local dealer unable to take a look today, Honda Support recommend going back to the dealers later this week.
60plate 2.2 here and it rolled off the drive today after the wife had been out shopping in it! She had unloaded and our drive is on very slight slope, so happened after she was back in house, otherwise she would have noticed whilst getting shopping out if the thing was moving!!

Neighbour knocked on door 5mins later and asked if our car was supposed to be in middle of road!

It's also happened to a work collegue just before christmas with exact same spec and date of car!!

I'm into honda this week to get this looked at - my wife was quite shaken up as to what could have happened - ie, hitting someone on the pavement when it rolled

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
60plate 2.2 here and it rolled off the drive today after the wife had been out shopping in it! She had unloaded and our drive is on very slight slope, so happened after she was back in house, otherwise she would have noticed whilst getting shopping out if the thing was moving!!

Neighbour knocked on door 5mins later and asked if our car was supposed to be in middle of road!

It's also happened to a work collegue just before christmas with exact same spec and date of car!!

I'm into honda this week to get this looked at - my wife was quite shaken up as to what could have happened - ie, hitting someone on the pavement when it rolled
how did it go at the deallers

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi - i needed the 12.5k service booked in for this wednesday (30th) - they said would look at this issue then - I'll let you know when I've got car back - will be early week after next (w/c 4 april I'll post, as working away till then)

cheers and will let you know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi - to update - the dealer said they could find no fault at all on the car

Quote from the service

<<Investigated handbrake slack - found it was within Honda spec at 3 clicks. Slackened off & re-tightened - tested, all OK>>

After discussions with them, it is possible that my wife didn't ratchet up the handbrake when applying, but had the button depressed whilst pulling up, then just one click - maybe this is the issue?

In her defence, I was also taught not to yank the handbrake up when applying (ie clicking all the way) - I did learn 20 odd years ago though, and know cars and mechanical parts have changed significantly since then.

What I do know is that it definately rolled off the drive on it's own 5mins after leaving it.

I hope this helps you / your son?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
"Hi - to update - the dealer said they could find no fault at all on the car"

Didn't the Dealership run a computer check on your car, to make sure that the handbrake recall had been carried out. ?
Or, am I missing something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Hi - to update - the dealer said they could find no fault at all on the car"

Didn't the Dealership run a computer check on your car, to make sure that the handbrake recall had been carried out. ?
Or, am I missing something.

mate, it's a 60 plate, so I'm not sure that the recall is applicable for this car? Logic would say that having been made aware of issue, new cars would be altered at production stage.

They mentioned no computer checks, just the fact they had looked at it/tested it and could find nothing wrong.

cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, please help! I did a check earlier, and it seems it my civic 1.4 2011 ishift- needs to be brought in / recalled as it's not been done , says PUD, and coolant contamination. Will they still fix this for free? I'm actually quite worried as I live on a hill, I have left it in reverse
Obviously will ring first thing, but is going to have me worried tonight

61 - 68 of 68 Posts