2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Did anyone use products from Liqui Moly(additives for the oil and the engine flush)?

I will change my oil this weekend and I would like to know if it makes any difference to add this products on my shopping list.

Liqui Moly Pro-Line engine wear protection
Liqui Moly Pro-Line Fuel System Cleaner

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Save your money on additives/cleaners and put it towards a good quality oil.

Good quality fuels contain cleaners, so treat your car to a drop of the good stuff.

Teats all round if you please!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Im sure honda strongly recommend against engine flushes. Just use branded fuel, bp shell esso total ect, and keep the oil changed regularly depending on the driving conditions you use the car for.

I use the odd fuel additive in my civic, down see much benefit tbh. A good thrash (italian tune-up ) once a month should clean all the crap out and put a smile on your face.

+1 for good quality oil, its the engines lifeblood, give it the best you can

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,444 Posts
I see a lot of people recommending Branded fuel? I've been driving 26yr now and have always used the Garage or Supermarket where it is cheapest and have never had any issues whatsoever.... For a brief period years ago I ran my Mazda 323F on 97 Ron fuel and the only noticeable difference I found was to my wallet.... These days cars have good filters to emit any contamination.....

I tried briefly adding 2 stroke in whenever I filled up as I was told it' good for your engine, I thought I felt a difference but I reckon it was just a Placebo.... As for other additives, I just wouldn't bother to be honest but that's just me... My 2.2 is now on 97k and is running as good as the day I got it with no noticeable issues....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
oddly for my service vertu honda phoned me and asked if i wanted to pay 25 extra for oil flush/cleaner before they put new oil in.
I told them to leave it the fk alone

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
On my older Honda's my dealership used to put something in with the oil before the oil change, I would assume this was something super slippery to get all the old oil out that gets burnt off quite quickly after.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hi all,

Did anyone use products from Liqui Moly(additives for the oil and the engine flush)?

I will change my oil this weekend and I would like to know if it makes any difference to add this products on my shopping list.

Liqui Moly Pro-Line engine wear protection
Liqui Moly Pro-Line Fuel System Cleaner

Thanks!
liqui moly is very good!

the fuel cleaner system is the best in the market.
If you use in the oil, use the ceratec also very good.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,444 Posts
liqui moly is very good!

the fuel cleaner system is the best in the market.
If you use in the oil, use the ceratec also very good.
If you're running Fully Synthetic you shouldn't get Sludge unless your doing stop start short journeys where your Engine doesn't get a chance to warm up on a regular basis.....

Here's another one, a guy at work put his Civic in for a service and they asked if he wanted to renew the Honda Tyre Weld stuff as it was now 4 yrs old and out of date? £50 they wanted Ha! Tyre Weld is only £7....

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Oh please no, not this again, flushes, additives, premium versus normal!!! Just search the forum and you will find scores of long, long threads on the same subjects, some for, some against but absolutely no need for yet another "new" thread

Reactions: Jon_G
1 - 14 of 14 Posts