2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me on the frequency/intervals of oil change in 1.5? My car is just being annually serviced (I think this is the 4th service since new in November 2017) and I asked Honda dealer for a service plan. I was given an offer for £959 for 4 annual services but apparently the oil change in not included and I need to change this every 6 months! I do a max of 8k miles per year so this seems to be excessive but the dealer told me that this new turbos require higher frequency of oil change.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Depends if you have maintainence reminder system on or off. If its on then oil change needed when indicated if not its every 12 months or 12000kms.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. That's what I thought. Mine after today's service shows also 12.5k miles. I took up the offer for the next two annual services for £300 however the dealer insisted on an oil change in between.

·
Super Moderator
2,248 Posts
You could get that oil change done by a decent independent garage and save against Honda price, then get the service done annually by them.
I have the £300+ 2 year deal on my FN2 but am doing under 6k miles a year.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thats ridiculous having a service plan that doesn't cover the most important thing the oil change, I think they are trying to rip you off by wanting you to change the oil every 6 months as an extra expense.
My 4th out of 5 annual service plan is due soon, after the final one I will take to my local garage in future

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Bought my 2018 from new and put a 5 year service plan on it at the time of purchase which was £599, this includes everything. Intervals are 12500 miles or annually or whatever the maintenance minder says (depends how your car is set up, see the owners manual).However I do an interim oil change at around 5k miles so basically my oil is changed every 6 months, but that's me being anal, I also keep a log and reciepts for all everything thats done.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Hi,

If you have a service plan in the UK, the dealer does a interim service every 6 months (6,250) and a full service every 12,500 miles.

Therefore the service plan actually comes with 10 services in total. I've got both the 1.6 which has the service monitor turned off, so i go every 6 months or 6,250 miles whichever comes first.

with the 1.5 SP, this has the monitor turned on and it doesn't cover many miles, but if it did it would be due up to 10 services during the service plan (as the monitor generally flags up around 6,250 mostly).

I think there has been alot of confusion over the plans throughout the UK network.

I'm happy that i'm getting up to 10 services, although with the current situation, the cars mileage is around 30% of normal miles covered.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Darren

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The 1.6 (Diesel) oil has to be changed every 6250 miles that's why you have 10 services for the 5 year period. The 1.5 is what I have said in my post and is not subject to a interim oil change at 6250 the same as the diesel is however if the MM flags a service is due it should be done then but this all depends on how the car is driven i.e. short start/stop trips as opposed to long ones on the motorway.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
The 1.6 (Diesel) oil has to be changed every 6250 miles that's why you have 10 services for the 5 year period. The 1.5 is what I have said in my post and is not subject to a interim oil change at 6250 the same as the diesel is however if the MM flags a service is due it should be done then but this all depends on how the car is driven i.e. short start/stop trips as opposed to long ones on the motorway.
indeed - I also stated I’ve got the 1.5 SP, if the monitor was off it would require the same service intervals...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts