2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which idiot decided to put the oil filter there! I'm lay under the car freezing and thinking how the hell do I remove this. Any tips please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So annoying. I kept meaning to buy one of them as well.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No idea how much space there is as the filter is different on the 2.2, but in the past I've always just hammered a long screwdriver through the filter and twisted it off using that as a handle.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
No idea how much space there is as the filter is different on the 2.2, but in the past I've always just hammered a long screwdriver through the filter and twisted it off using that as a handle.
but then how did you screw on the new one up to the correct tightness, by hand?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
but then how did you screw on the new one up to the correct tightness, by hand?
Yep, I've always done it that way - oil the seal and then screw it on hand tight.
Same on my motorbikes.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Fair enough I suppose if there's enough space to do it tightly :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right tried everything but hammering the screwdriver through. Really don't want to do that as I don't want to cover myself and the drive in oil plus there doesnt even seem enough room for that. Putting the cover back and gonna order the tool. Very pi55ed off and cold! Whoever put the oil filter there needs shooting!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So which one do I need for the type r? The first link?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I don't know if the oil filter is the same on the CTR as the 1.8 - anybody?
If it is, then yes you need the one in the first link, from Tegiwa.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help Steve. Can somebody confirm the correct tool for the type r so I can order it please?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Always pleased to help a fellow Wiganer! Lived there until 17 years ago, but in exile in East Midlands now. Used to live near Boars Head pub. I'll be visiting this next weekend to see my elderly mother, so looking forward to a meat and potato pie!:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Strange being a Wiganer but i always rated Pimbletts steak pies from St Helens better than any made in Wigan! Pooles pies used to be nice back in the day but have gone right down hill! Steak pie on a barm you just cant beat it!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
So which one do I need for the type r? The first link?

I think either get the Tegiwa one or one from the links below I posted for the petrol 65mm tool. Doble Honda seem to be doing them for £2.99 for 2, bargain.

I don't know if the oil filter is the same on the CTR as the 1.8 - anybody?
If it is, then yes you need the one in the first link, from Tegiwa.
Diesel on seems to be 76mm

Oil Filter Tool Honda Accord CDTI 2.2 2003 ONWARDS | eBay

And the petrol one seems to be 65mm

HONDA HAMP CIVIC INTEGRA TYPE R GENUINE OIL FILTER TOOL FOR EG EK EP3 DC2 EK9 | eBay

Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Genuine Honda 65 mm Oil Filter Remover Tool / Wrench / Remover | eBay

"Genuine HONDA Filter Tool. These are a must have for any Honda owner. They are perfect fit for all Honda Oil filters (OEM & HAMP) and are used by Honda technicians themselves. They easier to use than all of the universal style removal tools in that you simply use a 17mm socket/spanner to remove the filter... it couldnt be any easier!!"

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I bought a ****** Halfords filter,tightened by hand and lost loads of oil on the way to work,eve. Our side loader and truck mechanic couldn't tighten it up,the oil filter seal was really thin compared to a fram one which I replaced it with, that was ok hand tightened..oh and another can of oil !

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
Which idiot decided to put the oil filter there! I'm lay under the car freezing and thinking how the hell do I remove this. Any tips please?

I removed the drive shaft cover, then it was easy to undo using a pipe wrench/Stllsons.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What do you mean by drive shaft cover? I couldnt see any way into it with any sort of improvised tool other than remove the whole drive shaft. Ive ordered the genuine tool now so will wait until weekend.

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
What do you mean by drive shaft cover? I couldnt see any way into it with any sort of improvised tool other than remove the whole drive shaft. Ive ordered the genuine tool now so will wait until weekend.
Item number 18 on this diagram Here
Held on with 3 bolts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts