2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

oil for my civic diesel

Oil 
3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  aabezz 
#1 ·
hi all, i have a civic diesel 2.2 & now have 58000 miles on it. i bought it with 50k & the last 2 services i used Lucas racing oil 10 40. i noticed that this oil is being burned. i use the car in traffic all the time with 9 months of sun reaching 40+ for 3 months in a year. the average speed is 16mph.
a can of Lucas of 5 liters cost 95 euros so its not a cheap oil.

what oil do you suggest please because now i m worried?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks
marvic

#3 ·
0-30 castrol edge as above.. what i use in mine runs fine mighty fine ;)

Reactions: michacivic
#6 ·
castrol edge is fully synthetic

#7 ·
Reactions: michacivic
#10 ·
How many litres are required for a full oil change? Is it 6? Because it'll cost near enough £80 because the castrols in 4 litre options

#13 ·
Hi

I don't have the capacity listed, but that sounds about right.

There's a way around that, go for the Motul

Motul 8100 Eco-Clean 0W-30 Fuel Economy Petrol and Diesel lubricant 100% Synthetic

About £45 for a 5L and a 1L bottle.

Cheers

Tim
As you said earlier the gulf competition 0w-30 is a better oil? Works out at £43 for 5L + 1L :D sorted. Now to get all the filters, do cox motorsport do a filters package with no oil?

Oh do civinfopeople get a discount on opies? :lol:

#18 ·
hi, i have some info about oils in my country.

castrol edge FST 0w 30 we dont have but Sport 0w 40 yes .what do you think?

redline 0w 30 i found as well.finally they brought it.

fuchs titan super syn only 5w 30 & they told me that its not good for my honda.now they have the new titan GT1 5w 30 XTL technology.

Motul,Gulf nothing.

all the oil sellers & dealers are saying that 0w 30 is too thin for our temperture . can someone help me please?

thanks

#23 ·
Hi Oilman,

What do you think of either Castrol or Mobil ? Or would you say Gulf is better ?

I was looking at castrol, but noticed theres two types one specifically for turbo diesels and one just the normal 0w30.. So does that mean I can only the TD or either.

I know Honda recommends Castrol, which is why I was going to stick to Castrol, but noticed Cox motors sell Mobil 1 at a fair price.

So not sure what brand to go for now...

Any recommendation welcome.

#25 ·
Just had a look at your site, some good prices, noticed what looks like an error,
Muc off wheel cleaner, you are stating the normal price is £7.99 but your offer price is £10.80 ooops :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.