2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I serviced my 2008 civic 2.2 400 miles ago and changed all the usual filters including the fuel filter. Bought the parts online at cox and got my mechanic to do it. He also removed the engine tray as it was hanging off and the other day I noticed oil around the sump plug area. I looked around and noticed another leak in the nearside wheel arch. Took the car back to the mechanic and he diagnosed the sump leak as "sweaty".

My initial thoughts were he didn't tighten the sump plug to the correct torque or didn't replace the washer. Regarding the leak on the nearside wheel arch, he said it was the intercooler and its an old leak that I shouldn't worry too much about. Since the service, I have noticed a slight loss of power, especially when flooring it and changing between third to fourth gear the car used to pin you to your seat.

Anyone can shed some light?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
if it was leaking from the sump plug then he didn't tighten it up enough or didn't replace the washer
if there is a leak on you intercooler that is why you have a loss of power you are losing pressure from your turbo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts